Financial Controller - Paragon Casino Resort
Paragon Casino Resort
Marksville, Louisiana 71351
Mar 19, 2018
Apr 19, 2018
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Financial Controller is responsible for coordinating and managing all functions pertaining to General Ledger, Revenue Audit, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Hard Count and Soft Count in accordance with the established policies, procedures and controls of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Directs preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of GAAP standards and ensures the timely completion of financial reports and statements, in accordance with same.
- Establishes accounting procedures as necessary.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the department; assists Revenue Accounting Manager, General Accounting Manager, and Auditors, as needed.
- Monitors all activities on property, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, the Federal and State Tax Commissions, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout Paragon Casino Resort.
- Ensures compliance with Minimum Internal Controls (“MICS”) as issued by the National Indian Gaming Commission and all MICS adopted by the Gaming Commission.
- Participates in monthly financial statement review, quarterly write-off meetings, and internal control updates.
- Establishes a system of trouble shooting financial problems, to ensure cost effectiveness throughout the property.
- Reviews daily financial reports to verify accuracy.
- Controls the Soft Count, Hard Count, and Accounting budgets; responsible for auditing gaming and non-gaming revenue, Food & Beverage and miscellaneous revenue.
- Maintains good working relationships with the Gaming Commission, the Federal and State Tax Commissions.
- Organizes adequate staffing levels in the department, by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and terminating Associates, as needed.
- Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
- Ensures a maximum level of company wide service and satisfaction, in the financial aspect of the business, is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meeting with the Finance Team.
- Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements to lenders or bondholders in compliance with debt agreements.
- Serves as a member of the Operations Committee and attends weekly meetings.
- Communicates with all divisions of the Finance Department, in an effort to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the department.
- Plans growth opportunities for those Associates who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to progress within the company; provides for the fair and equitable treatment of all Finance Associates.
- Assist with Year-end reporting, works with Human Resources and other departments on Adhoc reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Directly supervises the activities of the Management Team of the General Ledger, Revenue, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Hard Count and Soft Count divisions of the Finance Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Masters Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area preferred, but not required
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required.
- Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in financial analysis or related area, preferably in the gaming industry, required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K and Bonus Program
Must apply for, be granted and retain a valid Tribal Gaming License and State Gaming Certification during their employment with Paragon Casino Resort. Must have understanding of and abide by all regulations as stated in the Tribal-State Compact.
Tribal and Indian preference is applicable with Title XX of the Tribal code of the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana.
- Drug Testing Screening
- Back ground/credit checks
- Reference checks
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Employment Application, which must be printed/completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Please fax your completed application to 318-240-6328 or scan/email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paragon Casino Resort
711 Paragon Place
Marksville, LA 71351
Web Site: www.ParagonCasinoResort.com
Paragon Casino Resort is a world-class casino which offers lavish hotel accommodations with more than 500 rooms and suites. The casino has approximately 1,600 slot machines, 44 table games and a poker room.
The resort’s other features include a 2,500-seat entertainment complex, a full-service RV resort, Kids' Quest childcare activity center, an indoor tropical pool with swim-up bar, full-service spa, three-screen cinema, fabulous dining choices, retail shops and a professional golf course. Paragon Casino Resort is owned and managed by the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana.