Slot Shift Supervisor - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
46978 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Slot Shift Supervisor
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Sahuarita, Arizona 85629
Dec 01, 2017
Jan 02, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Under direct supervision of the Assistant Slot Shift Manager, the Slot Shift Supervisor assists in all phases of Slot Operations on assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Promotes positive guest relations, greets guests and creates a friendly atmosphere.
• Observes and recognizes irregularities in casino personnel or guests and institutes appropriate action.
• Applies fair and consistent supervision and disciplinary practices.
• Supervises all subordinate slot personnel.
• Creates schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
• Assists in hiring, termination, and discipline of all subordinate slot personnel.
• Assists in creating and issuing reports and documentation.
• Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
• Investigates and resolves guest complaints.
• Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
• Issues appropriate disciplinary action according to Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies.
• Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of responsible areas, assuring all chairs are pushed in.
• Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all TOGE and departmental policies and procedures.
• Aware of the various types of slot and video gaming device cheating methods and is able to recognize any potential attempts while monitoring assigned section.
• Authorizes jackpots over $1200 as needed and completes tax forms if necessary.
• May assist in banning guests and liquor sweeps as needed.
• Ensures that direct reports work with security personnel and other casino staff as necessary.
• Ensures compliance with all National, State, Local and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Regulations.
• Assists in the coordination of and preparation of special slot functions.
• Prepares shift reports.
• Attends mandatory meetings as scheduled.
• Performs other duties as required.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus 3 years experience as a slot attendant or 1 year experience in a slot supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Must have knowledge of mechanical functions and play aspects of slot machines, procedures and casino floor operations.
• Must have the ability to analyze reports.
• Must have skills in professional management techniques; including human skills, technical skills and conceptual skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels both internally and externally.
• Must have the ability to interact effectively with Tribal, State and National Regulatory Officials.
• Must be able to delegate duties appropriately.
• Must have the ability to establish, administer and maintain staff training programs and records.
• Must have the ability to efficiently schedule, and utilize manpower needs.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have the ability to write routing reports and correspondence.
• Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members.
• Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission proportions and percentages.
• Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out directions in written, oral or diagram form.
• Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must have skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint), understanding of casino management systems a plus.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
• Must be able to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The team member is required to wear a portable communication device with earpiece at all times during shift.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.