Sous Chef - Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
Lawrenceburg, Indiana 47025
Dec 01, 2017
Jan 02, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Candidates for our Sous Chef opportunity could be successful if they possess the following.
SUMMARY: Assist the Chef in day-to-day operation of the kitchen. Maintain responsibility for daily menus and specials at lowest possible cost consistent with highest quality.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction.
- Produces menu items as listed in each restaurant. Follows all prep lists and ensure kitchens are stocked and ready for service.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Assists with maintaining of cost control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory in each restaurant.
- Assists Chef de Cuisine with administrative duties, such as tracking/maintenance of attendance records.
- Assists with maintaining established quality assurance procedures to ensure acceptable health department and customer service standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Associates Degree (A.A.) in culinary or related field; minimum of two years culinary experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of one year previous supervisory experience required.
777 Hollywood Blvd.
Lawrenceburg, Indiana 47025
Are you ready to walk the Red Carpet?
Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, serves the Cincinnati and Dayton metropolitan markets. The brand new Hollywood Casino offers 150,000 square feet of gaming space featuring state-of-the-art technology, over 90 table games, 41 poker tables, 3,200 electronic games, and a venue for live entertainment. In addition to the casino, other features include a 200,000 sq. ft. land-based pavilion with a 306 room hotel, a 600 seat buffet, two specialty restaurants, lounges, a 200 seat theater, 6,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and a retail outlet.