Surveillance Investig / Hearing Officer - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
46974 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Surveillance Investig / Hearing Officer
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Palm Springs, California 92262
Dec 01, 2017
Jan 10, 2018
Type of Position:
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Performs varied tasks with an emphasis on fraud detection through investigations. Must have investigative experience in conducting average to very complex forensic investigations. To be present in all areas of the assigned Gaming Facility, and at all hours of operation. To access any and all areas of the gaming enterprise. To observe, report and document areas of concerns, relevant to the gaming enterprise. To meet with the general public to address complaints and conduct investigations as required by regulations. Brief with the Surveillance Director on a regular basis for direction and updates. This position will also be responsible for preparing Commission Board Hearing reports and presentations at the direction of the Executive Director.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to:
• Protect Tribal Gaming Assets through forensic reviews and investigations.
• Must have the ability to review, analyze, and audit accounting transactions and records with an emphasis on fraud detection.
• Become familiar with the organizational structure of each department, i.e., their staff responsibilities, etc.
• Must have the ability to liaison between Casino Management and Commission Management to ensure the smooth operations of assigned investigations.
• Assist in developing and maintaining forensic reviews for detecting and deterring fraud within the gaming enterprise.
• Generate reports and findings of observations made within the gaming enterprise.
• Take appropriate action to resolve customer complaints for incidents and events within the gaming enterprises regulated by the ACGC, and in compliance with the Tribal State Compact.
• Review and prepare incident reports and conduct follow-up investigations which include interviewing and interrogating of suspect(s) and/or witness(s) as needed for incidents within the gaming enterprise. Surveillance Investigators will not be tasked with Investigative authority over ACGC staff. Any and all inquiries required for ACGC staff will be handled by the Executive Directors office.
• Testify in court regarding evidence and investigative findings.
- Must be proactive in observing for areas of non-compliance and violations of any Tribal, Federal, and State Laws and the standards of internal controls by employees and guests.
- Investigate information and/or incidents as approved by the Surveillance Director and/or Executive Director of the Gaming Commission.
• Follow additional duties as assigned by the Surveillance Director and Executive Director.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Investigative experience in conducting average to very complex accounting forensic investigations is highly desirable. The candidate must be able to perform each of the essential duties, in an exemplary manner. Be skilled in statistical, transactional, and forensic reviews within the gaming environment. Must be able to prioritize responsibilities, and assignments, with minimal supervision and completing them in a timely manner. Must possess excellent oral and written skills and can demonstrate initiative and motivation.
Candidate must have five (5) years related experience or combined experience, conducting investigations and/or statistical analytical reviews. Be knowledgeable with casino gaming, fraud detection, and asset protection.
Candidate must be able to compose clear, concise and effective reports. The candidate will also need to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to conduct extensive investigations. Must have the mental qualities to document sound judgments and decisions that will benefit the Commission. Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.