Assistant Hotel Night Manager - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Assistant Hotel Night Manager
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Tucson, Arizona 85756
Nov 29, 2017
Dec 30, 2017
Type of Position:
Under general supervision of the Front Office Manager, the Assistant Hotel Night Manager oversees the Hotel during the evening hours ensuring guest satisfaction levels are met; assist with producing the and/or produces the night audit reports maintains confidentiality of all information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Applies fair and consistent supervision.
• Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
• Assists plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
• Assists in implementing and enforcing financial controls of operation expenses, scheduling and purchasing throughout the department.
• Manages the night shift in the department, ensuring all team members perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinates front office activities with other departments, ensuring adherence to all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies and procedures.
• Oversees preparation of daily summary report and the Night Audit Report.
• Manages the Hotel operations acting with full responsibility and accountability for the smooth continuous operation of the property.
• Maintains a professional and high quality service oriented environment, and ensuring that all guest service levels are maintained and/or exceeded.
• Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life safety procedures.
• Ensures staff adheres to appearance standards and dress code.
• Works with Front Office Manager and Housekeeping regarding daily discrepancy reports and guest requests to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
• Monitor and develop team member performance by counseling, training, disciplinary actions, evaluations and rewards for team members in a timely manner.
• Implements and participates in staff development and training programs.
• Remains current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
• Keeps leadership and other departments informed of hotel activities by attending meetings and submitting reports.
• Acts as Manager on Duty for the hotel in the absence of Hotel Management, dealing with guest complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
• Reports any suspicious persons, activities, and/or hazardous conditions to the Security Department and/or Front Office Manger.
• Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly.
• Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation when over capacity. Execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. The effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty.
• Occasionally assist guests with luggage and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during the guest stay.
• Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
• Performs other related duties as required or directed.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or related field plus 2 years experience in hotel management or hotel accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Knowledge of hotel management.
• Knowledge of night auditing.
• Knowledge of Property Management System programs.
• Knowledge of accounting, auditing and financial systems practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
• Knowledge of computer systems and reporting capabilities.
• Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Ability to take Initiative, in problem solving, staff training, and team leading.
• Ability to oversee and direct a dynamic, creative and strong staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to meet strict time lines.
• Skill in word processing and basic data entry.
• Skill using 10-key.
• Ability to demonstrate and practice outstanding guest service at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talks or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Hotel setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend is required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 342-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.