Senior Internal Auditor - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Senior Internal Auditor
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Feb 05, 2018
Mar 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Oversee and complete audits of casino and hotel functions, processes, internal controls, accounts, records, and other activities to ensure reliability and integrity of information; proper recording of transactions; safeguarding of assets; achievement of operational goals and objectives; effective and efficient use of resources; and compliance with all Tribal, Federal, and State gaming regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- *Define scope of audits, determine appropriate methods of evaluation, prepare reports of findings, and recommend corrective action to resolve issues discovered during the audit process.
- *Exercise discretion and independent judgment to identify and communicate internal control weaknesses in an organized manner.
- *Work with other departments at all levels to develop solutions that correct noted conditions, reduce costs, and strengthen internal controls, policies, and operational procedures.
- *Develop and coordinate annual audit plans, risk assessments, and internal audit programs.
- *Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies, processes, procedures, and company performance. Provide ongoing reporting to company management and share best business practices on areas to improve efficiency in operations.
- *Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of company accounts, financial processes, systems, policies, and procedures and maintain technical proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), auditing standards, trends, and best business practices.
- Delegate or respond to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes, policies, and procedures and provide consultative services to management including exception reporting and analysis.
- Establish, update, and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four years of progressively responsible, related experience are required. Experience in audit or regulatory compliance is required. Gaming industry experience is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred.
- The ability to demonstrate auditing knowledge and strong written communication skills.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and knowledge of Microsoft Office. The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with and understand the interests of stakeholders of all levels, as well as the impact of those interests on PH&C and its goals. The ability to communicate effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to talk, hear, operate a personal computer, and move freely throughout the property. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!