Training and Development Manager - Black Oak Casino Resort
Training and Development Manager
Black Oak Casino Resort
Tuolumne, California 95379
Nov 24, 2017
Dec 25, 2017
Type of Position:
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: (Specific areas of responsibility including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for implementation and management of Succession Planning, Job Shadow program, Tuition Reimbursement, and Training programs.
- Manages Training Specialists, Hospitality Apprentices, and Tribal Interns; prepares and delivers evaluations; coaches, councils and administers corrective action as necessary.
- Assesses property-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions.
- Conducts ongoing training and development needs assessments and aligns training objectives with overall company business goals.
- Actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance, and recognize performance.
- Trains and coaches Managers, Supervisors and others involved in Team Member development efforts.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure Team Members have knowledge of training and development events and programs.
- Identifies metrics for training program success.
- Identifies metrics and conducts follow-up studies of current training and development programs to evaluate and measure results.
- Manages the development of eLearning and in-class training curriculum and testing modules.
- Responsible for maintaining training records and compliance with mandatory trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience in training and development or related human resources field.
- Must possess 3-5 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Must exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of Black Oak Casino Resort.
- Must remain current with training and development trends and techniques.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have presentation and public speaking skills that leverage influence.
- Must be able to follow directions effectively.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license and a BOC driver’s permit.
- Must be able to obtain a valid gaming license.
- Must be able to pass a mandatory drug test.
- Must provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in English.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and occasionally more with assistance.
- Must be physically able to perform all job requirements.
- Must be able to work in a non-smoke free environment.
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and special events.
If you are looking for a place to put down your roots and want to be part of an organization that values Teamwork, Hospitality and Community, then you have found a home at Black Oak Casino Resort!
We take good care of our Team Members by offering career advancement, group insurance benefits, 401k match, free shift meal, paid time off and holiday pay.
Black Oak Casino Resort is located in the California foothill community of Tuolumne City. Visit www.visittuolumne.com for information about the area. Black Oak Casino Resort is proudly owned and operated by the Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians and is a drug free employer.