Chef de Cuisine (Draft Day Sports Lounge) - Rhythm City Casino Resort
Chef de Cuisine (Draft Day Sports Lounge)
Rhythm City Casino Resort
Davenport, Iowa 52807
Nov 22, 2017
Dec 23, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Ensure all sports lounge kitchen operational quality aspects are met
- Manages and motivates the kitchen staff in order to offer a high standard of service to guests and develops team spirit and motivation by creating a good working environment.
- Develop preliminary menu and revise as needed. Develop menu recipe cards and food production specifications to ensure quality, consistency, and portion control measures.
- Meet designated food cost goals with menu and program.
- Schedule all kitchen organization for fast and efficient functionality in line with activity forecasts.
- Is regularly available in the dining room.
- Develop and coordinate a training program that meets all Iowa Department of Health, internal controls, and other government regulations and insures the implementation.
- Track all critical areas of food production and ware-washing including food temperatures and sanitation levels to ensure food hygiene, safety, and quality of the restaurant.
- Supervises the different areas of the kitchen and oversees the entire work shift, ensures respect of the maximum waiting times defined by the brand, checks the presentation and temperature of dishes, etc.
- Coordinates with serving staff in order to ensure that service runs smoothly.
- Evaluate team members by carrying out annual performance appraisals and setting targets for employees and is regularly available in the dining room for employees and guests.
- Track and inventory, including rotation, par levels, perform physical inventory, and order or discontinue relevant items.
- Coordinate and order new food inventory items with the Food and Beverage Director and Purchasing Manager, maintains excellent relations with suppliers.
- With the team, is continually looking for ways to improve costs and ratios while maintaining the high standard of service.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- A.O.S; 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent management and communication skills.Must demonstrate organization skills and ability to multi-task.
7077 Elmore Ave
Davenport, IA 52807
Rhythm City Casino Resort includes a 106 room luxury hotel, spa, 16,000 square foot events/convention center with seating for 1,500. The casino features over 800 slots, table games, and a poker salon. The Resort also has the following food outlets: Robert's Buffet, Ruthie's Steak & Seafood and Draft Day Sports Lounge, as well as a 135 seat show lounge, and a retail/deli.
Rhythm City Casino Resort offers competitive wages, fringe benefits, and an exciting work environment.
EOE. Employment is contingent on a pre-employment post-offering drug screen.