Cooks - Sac and Fox Casino
Sac and Fox Casino
Powhattan, Kansas 66527
Nov 22, 2017
Dec 23, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Learn and remain familiar with menu items and responsible for all food preparation and proper timing of goods. Coordinates placing of food on steam and cold tables with other cooks, works closely together with BOH Shift Supervisor to assure that all materials needed are in stock for the menu.
Be alert, friendly and able to assist customers with courtesy and promptness.
Perform as a lead cook.
1. Proficient in the use of Kitchen equipment to include, but not limited to, Convection Ovens, Char Grills, Flat Grills, Fryers, Steamers, Steam Kettles, etc.
2. Proficient in the use of Knives, Slicers, Food Processors, Mixers, etc.
3. Prepares and oversees the production of Entrees, Side Dishes, Sauces, Gravies, and Specialty items for Lodge, Deli, and Catering Events.
4. Proficient in making and/or editing Menus.
5. Knowledgeable in the Proper Shelf Life and Rotation of Food Products.
6. Enforce all Safe Food Handling Guidelines.
7. Enforce a "Clean as you go" environment.
8. Safely operate dishwasher equipment to produce clean and sanitary kitchen and dining utensils.
9. Make sure no food scraps are left on the cabinets, sinks, tables or dish-washing equipment.
10. Will leave dishwasher and dish washing area clean, sanitized and stocked at end of the shift.
11. Will put out nothing but clean, sanitized dishware.
12. Required to help out in other areas of the kitchen when directed.
13. Empties all kitchen & deli trash and places in appropriate receptacles.
14. Knowledgeable & proficient with all Cook I, II, III & IV responsibilities and willing to work all stations within the kitchen.
15. Instruct and answer questions for other Kitchen staff.
16. Assist with and oversees the training of all new Kitchen Staff.
17. Serve as "BOH Supervisor" in the absence of the BOH Shift or F&B Supervisors.
18. Must present a well groomed appearance; be in complete uniform at all times to include a valid gaming license.
19. Any and all other duties as assigned by BOH Shift and/or F&B Supervisors
Sac & Fox Casino Cook IV- Lead Cook The Sac & Fox Casino reserves the right to make changes to the above job description whenever necessary. Approved 5-15-2014 R-18-14
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required
- Serve Safe Training Preferred
- Supervisor Experience Preferred
- Two years experience as a cook including training on grill food preparation. preferred
- Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent basis.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 at time of hire.
- All employees must successfully pass a background investigation to be employed by the Casino.
- Responsible for Compliance with the Casino’s Internal Control Policy & Procedure as it relates to the position’s stated job description.
In the entertainment industry, one may be subject to a work environment containing excessive noise, smoke and stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
1322 US Highway 75
Powhattan KS, 66527
Sac And Fox Casino, owned by the Sac and Fox Nation of Missouri, is located in Powhattan, in Northeast Kansas. The casino offers over 30,000 square feet of gaming space featuring six (6) Table Games, (including Blackjack, Craps and Roulette) as well as 600 slots.
Guests can enjoy several food & beverage venues, which include The Lodge Buffet, the Express Cafe and The Casino Bar Lounge. Sac and Fox Casino also offers a full-service driving range, as well as an RV Park.