Tribal Training Manager - AVI Resort and Casino
Tribal Training Manager
AVI Resort and Casino
Laughlin, Nevada 89029
Nov 21, 2017
Dec 22, 2017
Type of Position:
The Tribal Training Manager is responsible for the development, coordination and management of the Tribal Training Program (TTP) to obtain optimum results in tribal employment and development initiatives.
The Manager works with the Executive staff, supervisors and managers of the Avi Casino Enterprise, Inc. in meeting the TTP’s goals and objectives.
Additionally, the Manager shall work closely with the President, General Manager and Avi Casino Enterprise Inc. Board of Directors in the development and implementation of the TTP’s goals and objectives.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s (preferred) or Associate’s degree in human resources, business administration, and hospitality with 5 years of experience in training and development of a workforce or a combination of knowledge and or experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, training methods and techniques used in current training field practices.
- Knowledge of learning theory or principles as applies to adult training.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Team Members, tribal members and the public.
- Ability to engage and encourage a positive learning atmosphere.
- Ability to navigate and use appropriate software and equipment to conduct or coordinate training sessions and to manage the TTP.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain other work cards such as but not limited to, alcohol awareness card and Health card.
CORE COMPETENCIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Highly developed presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Language skills – The primary language spoken and written is English: Have the ability to read, analyze and interpret training materials, job readiness assessments, and other relevant reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to effectively function and deliver results with minimum supervision by completing projects independently, prioritizing tasks for successful completion, and performing effectively under pressure to deliver quality work product in a timely manner.
- Strong administrative, organizational and communication skills, sensitivity to Native American culture and the ability to preserve Fort Mojave tribal identity and tribal objectives.
- Must be patient and willing to assist tribal members in their goal to become a productive Team Member of the Avi Resort and Casino.
- Must be able to be a mentor/counselor and be able to give direction and life style recommendations to all Tribal Team Members over the long term and assist in maintaining their gainful employment.
- Must be willing and able to answer to the President, General Manager and ACE Board for all decisions made.
AVI Resort & Casino
10000 Aha Macav Parkway
Laughlin, NV 89029
AVI Resort & Casino is located on the beautiful banks of the Colorado River secluded approximately 11 miles from Laughlin’s main strip, where you are wished a warm Kámáthú (welcome).
The resort features 455 rooms, 29 spa suites, a 25,000 sq. foot casino, 20,000 sq. feet of meeting/banquet space, concert venue, the largest beach lagoon on the Colorado River, 6 dining options, 4 bars, a summer time beach side cantina and bar, Mojave Roast for great coffee and 3 championship golf courses within 10 miles. Also located in the Avi is an 8-Plex Brenden Theater and Kids Quest.
The casino offers over 850 slot machines including the state-of-the-art Monopoly, Reel'em In, and Wheel of Fortune machines. The casino also has over 20 table games, including Let it Ride, Roulette, Craps, Pai-gow and 21. There are also live poker, a sports book, Keno lounge and a Bingo hall.
The property is home to a dry RV park in addition to a 260 space KOA campground, located directly across the street from the resort, with a 24-hour shuttle available.
Avi Resort & Casino is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Fort Mojave Indian Tribe.