Retail Manager - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Nov 21, 2017
Jan 31, 2018
Type of Position:
CLEAN - Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE - Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
FAST - Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY - Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. Steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN - Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
- Prepare and control the store’s budget aiming for minimum expenditure and efficiency
- Monitor stock levels and purchases and ensure they stay within budget
- Plan and oversee in-store promotional events or displays
- Keep abreast of market trends to determine the need for improvements in the store
- Analyze sales and revenue reports and make forecasts
- Ensure the store fulfils all legal health and safety guidelines
- Responsible to implement processes, procedures, and sequences of service relevant to the operation and development of the Gift Shop
- Ensures effective support, coaching, evaluation, and mentorship of the Gift Shop Team Members
- Responsible for leading and mentoring Team Members
- Responsible for the development of department initiatives, response to service related concerns, and Team Member relations
- Maintains awareness of departmental KPIs
- Ensures that one-on-one conversations and individual Team Member KPI reviews take place on an uninterrupted manner
- Strategizes on the enhancement of departmental outcomes
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department
- Recommends enhancements to current processes, policies, procedures, and sequences of service
- Oversees training facilitation and coaching of direct reports in understanding their duties and provides clear expectations
- Ensures scheduling practices remain in alignment with business trends and financial objectives
- Ensures Team Members’ records are up to date; including personnel performance records, requests for time off, disciplinary actions, and special accommodations.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Three to four years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective prioritization skills.
- Objective analytical skills.
- Reliable ownership and follow through skills.
- Ability to interpret call center statistics.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to model the way.
- Ability to provide a luxury experience while engaging in every conversation with Team Members and guests.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the property in all locations. Must be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment typically allows smoking.
Constant contact with executives, department management, applicants, Team Members and guests is necessary. Requires prolonged sitting or standing and mobility. Requires bending and reaching. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires eye/hand coordination. Requires use of standard office equipment. Requires basic math. Ability to push and/or pull file cabinet drawers weighing up to 5 lbs. Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Ability to and comply with Policies and Procedures, Job Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (MSDS) and other instructions.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100.
Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
The new flagship Live! Hotel is coming 1st Quarter 2018, and the new Live! Lofts is now open.
A variety of irresistible dining options include Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Phillips® Seafood; the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; the multi-station Live! Buffet; Noodles, featuring traditional Ramen noodles, bánh mì sandwiches and phð soups; Luk Fu, serving authentic South East Asian cuisine; and Morty’s Delicatessen, a traditional New York-style deli. A sizzling nightlife, including live entertainment at Rams Head Center Stage and the unique, interactive R Bar, completes the world-class gaming and entertainment experience.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.
Call 855-5MD-LIVE (855-563-5483); or visit http://www.marylandlivecasino.com/ or http://www.myliveonlinecasino.com/ Follow Maryland Live! Casino on Facebook and Twitter.
For employment opportunities, visit http://www.jobsatmarylandlivecasino.com/