Executive Chef - 7 Clans Casinos
7 Clans Casinos
Newkirk, Oklahoma 74647
Nov 20, 2017
Dec 21, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Executive Chef - 7 Clans First Council Casino Hotel located in Newkirk, OK
The Executive Chef is responsible for the execution of all areas of food production, sanitation, presentation, cost controls, training of staff, and organization of the food operations and venues. This position is responsible for the overall management and administration of the culinary operations. This includes personnel management, operating procedures, and compliance with State Health Department requirements. The Executive Chef ensures that the culinary operations and team members are following all policies, regulations, and company expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The following present a list of the main duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef. Other duties will be assigned as necessary by reporting Executive Management.
- Assists in the development and implementation of work schedules, performance standards, plans, and/or programs to ensure effective and efficient services and productions are delivered.
- Assists Director of Food and Beverage with annual budget process and makes recommendations with regards to staffing, menu items, trainings, and kitchen equipment.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen staff, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures with all staff. Recommend, and/or initiate, compensation, disciplinary, or other staffing-related action in accordance with 7 CLANS CASINOS policy and procedures.
- Conduct interviews, hiring, and employee evaluations.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other company staff, vendors, and contractors.
- Ensure that all functions and duties are maintained in a professional and efficient manner by all department personnel. Foster guest service –centered environment that exceeds guest expectations.
- Assist in the maintenance of personnel, regulatory, and financial records and reports
- Trains kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures. Trains and manages the staff to efficiently produce safe, high quality food, with an appetizing presentation that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Assures documentation of all training.
- Ensure all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
- Controls all food cost by establishing purchasing specifications, storeroom systems, product storage, portion control, utilize leftovers, ensure proper rotation, quality control, and waste management.
- Assist sales, catering, and staff with banquets, parties, and special events.
- Assist with the maintaining of the highest standards required by the state and federal governing bodies pertaining to personal hygiene, safety, and other relevant regulations. Manage processes and procedures to control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Handles and when necessary reports guest complaints to Director for his/her response
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Management.
- Monitors all relevant activities of the department, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Otoe-Missouria Gaming Commission (OMGC) are understood and enforced by departmental personnel.
- Ensures all assigned staff is aware of, understands and complies with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards through discipline when necessary.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company team member handbook, objectives of the Otoe Missouria Tribe, internal policies, procedures, and controls, as well as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, OM TICS, the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Maintains the Departmental Shift log(s) reviewing and noting any unusual occurrences, incidents, equipment failures, safety issues, disputes, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Individual must be at least 21 years of age.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree or related culinary degree with at least two (2) years experience as an Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef. Candidate will have at least eight (8) years of industry and culinary management experience in a free-standing high volume restaurant, casino, or multi-unit venue experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain Valid Otoe-Missouria Gaming License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be punctual and dependable in reporting to work as scheduled and completing assigned tasks.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of staff, communications, decision making, problem solving, complaint resolution and resources allocation.
- Read, write and speak the English language. Read professional publications, memos, emails, logs, newsletters and documents.
- Perform intermediate mathematical computations up to and including probability and statistics.
- Protect the company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with executive level management, other managerial and supervisory staff, and other Team Members.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence to upper management as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic (create new documents, open/edit existing documents) to intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed.
- Ability to be present and work assigned schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as business levels require.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, professional organizations, attending expos/conventions, and developing/maintaining professional and personal networks.
EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, WORK CARDS
Must be able to provide the following cards or work authorization documents: All documents required to show the incumbent is eligible to work in the United States. Required to pass a drug test and obtain and maintain a gaming license to work in a casino from the Otoe Missouria Gaming Commission. It is the responsibility of the Team Member to have all appropriate document(s) current and valid at all times.
Otoe Missouria Gaming License
7 Clans Casinos are entities owned and operated by the Otoe-Missouria Development Authority (OMDA), the official enterprise and economic branch of the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Indians. The OMDA was developed in 2006, with a goal of serving tribal members by developing revenue sources. Their gaming properties include:
7 Clans First Council Casino Hotel located in Newkirk, OK, features 1,200 slot machines, and live Blackjack. Food & beverage venues include FlatWater Bar & Grill, a snack bar, and several full-service bars. The hotel features 86 rooms and suites. Guests can enjoy live entertainment at the Council Bluff Event Center.
7 Clans Paradise Casino located in Red Rock, OK, features 450 machines, and live Blackjack. Food & beverage venues include a Steakhouse, the Lucky 7 Diner and the Paradise Bar.
7 Clans Gasino Chilocco located in Newkirk, OK includes a service station and convenience store and features 300 slot machines.
7 Clans Gasino Red Rock located in Red Rock on Highway 177 and features 97 slot machines and Deli-Mart that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Gasino also provides convenience items, tobacco, and fuel for purchase.
7 Clans Casino Perry is located in downtown Perry, OK. The 4,500 sq. ft. facility includes 240+ slot machines, a Cafe and Bar and a drive-thru Smoke Shop.