Manager, Team Member Relations and Training - River Rock Casino
Manager, Team Member Relations and Training
River Rock Casino
Geyserville, California 95441
Nov 20, 2017
Dec 21, 2017
Type of Position:
This is a salaried, exempt position responsible for Team Member Relations and company training responsibilities for River Rock Casino. The incumbent is expected to devote such time and energy as is reasonably necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Position may require availability evenings, weekends, holidays and special events.
This position is integral to the Human Resources function, specifically focused on proactively identifying the needs of the work force by establishing departmental and individual relationships; providing a neutral “point-of-contact” for team members needing assistance; conducting and completing timely investigations; and by overseeing the company disciplinary process, “no fault” attendance policy and “for cause” terminations. This position will be responsible for all aspects of company training programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes friendly relationships with all team members to ensure access and approachability
- Receives complaints of harassment, discrimination, unsafe/unfair work environment, arbitrary management practices and illegal activities
- Conducts timely, independent and unbiased complaint investigations using written statements, personal interviews and document reviews
- Prepares investigative reports with findings and recommendations for the Director of Human Resources and General Manager/Chief Executive Officer
- Helps team members and members of management settle work-related conflicts through advice and recommendations
- Conducts periodic formal and informal polls to ascertain company and department morale, identify satisfiers and dis-satisfiers, and make improvement recommendations to the GM/CEO
- Ensure that all team members understand the company Mission Statement and Team ROCK philosophy
- Ensure that all members of the management team understand the Core Leadership Qualities and the Leadership Pledge
- Assist with all company recognition programs, always finding ways to celebrate individual and team accomplishments
- Develop, coordinate and conduct company inter- and intra-departmental training activities including new team member orientation, mandatory training (RAAP, Sexual Harassment, and Title 31) and training for exemplary guest service, leadership, technical, job skills, etc.
- Conducts team member exit interviews and prepares monthly report for management
- Assists in all Human Resources-related activities including recruitment, benefits and compensation, and communications
- Reviews all disciplinary activities and terminations for consistency and adherence to policy
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Commits to the TeamO.C.K. “Leadership Pledge” and “Core Leadership Qualities”
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job
- Attends all required meetings and training
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. The Manager of Team Member Relations must have a:
- Minimum of three (3) years of Human Resource experience, preferably in a Tribal Gaming enterprise
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished reports and business correspondence.
- Adept at public speaking to an audience of any size
- Able to communicate effectively using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals/groups from different socio-economic and ethnic origins
- Strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills
- Must have superior computer skills including all MS-Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Visio) Org Plus and must learn the HR functions of Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains software utilized by RRC
- Must present a professional appearance at all times
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a Human Resources related discipline
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources) Certificate
- SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to speak Spanish conversantly
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure-must understand and employ statistical analysis to the team member data base as necessary
- Ability to apply critical thinking to the decision making process- develop ideas that are reasoned, well thought out and judged
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to process detailed work and requests for information or assistance in a timely manner
- Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts, and policy to practical situations
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to twenty five (25) pounds
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with all personality types
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Must be able to respond calmly to concerns and questions from team members, peers and management
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke
Please see our website for a full list of benefits.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Dry Creek Rancheria
3250 Highway 128
Geyserville CA, 95441
River Rock Casino located in the beautiful Alexander Valley of California offers 1,200 Slots, 20 Table Games including Blackjack, Pai Gow, Roulette, and Mini-Baccarat. Guests can dine in two full service restaurants - Center Stage Bar & Grill and Fortune Café, as well as the Quail Run Buffet.