Chief Of Security - Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
46883 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Chief Of Security
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Nov 20, 2017
Dec 21, 2017
Type of Position:
Responsible for ensuring the Security Department is operating effectively so as to provide a safe, secure facility and orderly environment for guests and team members.
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write policies and procedures and correspondence.
- Schedule departmental personnel ensuring the needs of the department and special events coverage.
- Ensure compliance with all Internal Controls and Security departmental policies.
- Insure the safety of the facility, guests and team members and protect all assets.
- Generate necessary written reports regarding security-related incidents involving guests and team members, theft, and injury or property damage. Review all reports for accuracy and collect evidence as necessary.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels, training, scheduling, evaluating and disciplining team members as needed. Assists in the supervision of Security Officers when needed.
- Ensures Officers are patrolling effectively to provide guest, team member and asset protection.
- Ensures enforcement for the issuance of temporary access credentials.
- Ensures Security Officers work closely with the Surveillance department in safeguarding of assets and protecting the property of patrons as well as physical safety of patrons and team members.
- Assist in enforcing all Tribal, City, State, and Federal laws where applicable.
- Identify potential security and or safety hazards and report them to the appropriate individual.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent, regular attendance records.
- Maintain a working knowledge of casino facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests and team members whenever possible.
- Operate company vehicles when directed to do so.
- First-hand knowledge of first aid, CPR and the use of AED as required.
- Crime detection, prevention through investigation of suspicious circumstances.
- Preparation of all emergency management and contingency planning.
- Provide leadership in meeting, greeting, and guaranteeing guest satisfaction.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Seven (7) years of Casino Security Management experience.
- Law Enforcement, Military experience helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security, or closely related field preferred.
- Must have knowledge, understanding and training in self-defense for Security Officers to ensure proper external or internal training as part of an ongoing training schedule.
- Experience and in depth comprehensive knowledge in security, investigation, loss prevention and safety awareness.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Computer literate in MS Word and Excel to generate reports and other correspondence.
- Strong leadership skills and customer service orientation required.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of situations and carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form in a professional manner.
- Must possess organizational and planning skills.
- Must be familiar with and be able to write training and lesson plans.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.
- Must have ability to obtain a valid gaming license.
- Must be able to keep up with a fast-paced atmosphere and work under pressure.
- Must be able to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D is required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record, which is acceptable to our insurer.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
555 Middle Verde Road
Camp Verde AZ, 86322
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is a family friendly destination located an hour north of Phoenix on I-17 just south of Sedona in Camp Verde, AZ. It is proudly owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation. The casino features Las Vegas-style Blackjack, live Poker, 665 slot machines and year-round, world-class entertainment in the Dragonfly Nightclub and the Stargazer Pavilion.
The 6-story hotel tower offers guests 122 luxury suites, king rooms, double-queen rooms, a pool, multi-purpose conference rooms, coffee shop, retail outlet and a 300 space parking garage.
The casino hotel also features a 20-lane bowling center, Kids Quest supervised child care and an arcade. Guests can enjoy fine dining at Storytellers Steakhouse and family dining in Mountain Springs buffet, Johnny Rockets-The Ultimate Hamburger or grab a quick bite at Three Sisters open 24/7.