Casino Compliance Officer - Elk Valley Rancheria
46867 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Casino Compliance Officer
Elk Valley Rancheria
Crescent City, California 95531
Nov 16, 2017
Dec 17, 2017
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Responsible for overseeing the Casino Policies and Procedures as well as the “MICS”, “SICS”, “TICS” to ensure all gaming regulations are met. Also responsible for the Title 31 program including CTR and FINCEN reporting including annual employee training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Duties may be added to, changed or deleted at the sole discretion of management:
- Responsible for providing our customers with prompt and friendly service and an enriching work environment for our team.
- Keep accurate records and provide regular reports to management.
- Be able to work flexible schedules including public holidays, weekends and peak business times.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures and recommend changes for improvement to the General Manager.
- Responsible for understanding and recommendations in all areas of each department’s policies.
- Responsible for creating, organizing, and disseminating budget data to authorized managers in the format required.
- Responsible for knowledge of all areas of the Tribal Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) referring to compliance and control of the gaming operation.
- Extensive knowledge of Title 31 compliance and informal reporting (W2-G, 1042-S, and 1099 MICS); to ensure that proper tax reporting and withholding is completed in all required cases and provide Casino employee trainings.
- Oversees Title 31 reporting to Financial Crimes Enforcement Network “FINCEN,” insures that Cash Transaction Reports “CTR” & “SARS” reconcile to source documents and are correctly filed in a timely manner.
- Oversees Title 31 training for all Casino employees.
- Knowledge in the use and reporting capabilities of the online gaming accounting systems to perform the daily analysis of the appropriate casino departments.
- Knowledge in the use and reporting capabilities of the food and beverage accounting system to perform the daily analysis of the appropriate casino departments.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Maintaining strong communication with the General Manager, as well as other department heads in needs of coordinating and streamlining shared processes and changes.
- Any and all other job related duties assigned by the General Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
Communication – Must have exceptional people skills. Able to communicate effectively with any customer and employees at all levels.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
Delegation-Must be able to direct supervisory and front line staff in the course of their duties and delegate duties to specific individuals to ensure company standards are maintained at the highest levels in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Ethics – Treat people with respect; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains high level of confidentiality.
Managing People - Provides regular performance feedback.
Motivation - Must be self-motivating and able to motivate employees at all levels to achieve the company’s long and short term goals.
Oral Communication-Listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Professionalism - Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Support everyone’s effort to succeed.
Technical Skills -In depth knowledge and skill and ability to shares expertise with others.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Directly manages employees in the Revenue Audit Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must have knowledge of general business and accounting audit procedures, administration, and casino rules and regulations. Must have reliable transportation to and from work. Must provide a telephone number for immediate contact.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in approved related field/s or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and summarize business periodicals, professional journals; write technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and relay business media released to the public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as discounts, interest, fractions, ratios, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Review and/or audit internal documents to ensure accuracy of purchases, revenue, and errors of transaction. Create and propose gain/loss reports, monetary policies, and maintain accurate budgetary items.
Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of uncertain variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret, communicate, and delegate instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and suggest a plan of action as necessary.
To perform this job, successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook e-mail, internet, faxing, printing, copying, Accounting software; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software; Word Processing software; and department specific programs (i.e. Oasis). Must type at a minimum of 25 words per minute.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS
Must qualify for and maintain an Elk Valley Rancheria gaming license.
The following trainings will be offered post-employment and are required within the training schedule timeframe: Title 31, sexual harassment prevention supervisory, sexual harassment prevention, preventing and managing computer related injuries, safety orientation, incident investigation, workplace violence, back safety, drug and alcohol abuse for managers, hazard communications, office safety and office ergonomics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to work under stressful situations. Drug and Alcohol free workplace.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Relocation Package Negotiable
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Del Norte Ambulance/Air
- Med Care
- Training Opportunities
- Annual Company Parties
- Employee Discounts
Elk Valley Rancheria
2332 Howland Road
Crescent City CA, 95531 USA
Elk Valley Rancheria is an Indian Tribe located in beautiful Crescent City, California, with the Pacific Ocean in the front yard and the Coast Range mountains in the back. There are many National and State parks nearby with old growth redwood groves.
Currently there are approximately 220 employees with plans to build a “Destination Resort” in the future.
Elk Valley Casino is a Native American Casino in Crescent City, California and is open daily 24 hours. The 23,000 square feet casino features 300+ slots, eight (8) poker tables, and two (2) table games and a 250 sq ft Bingo Hall. The Full House Bar & Grill is conveniently located inside the Casino.