Director Of Internal Audit-Casino - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
46859 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Director Of Internal Audit-Casino
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Palm Springs, California 92264
Nov 15, 2017
Oct 17, 2018
Type of Position:
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Oversees, manages, and directs the Casino Internal Audit Department. Responsible for the formulation of appropriate audit programs, narratives, and report history for each property, casino and government entity including but not limited to general financial controls, departmental procedures and policies, regulatory compliance, and business efficiency and effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(other duties may be assigned)
- Develop an annual audit plan for Tribal Government, Casino and Hotel operations.
- Perform risk assessment of various areas of the gaming and government operations.
- Plan and oversee audits of gaming operations to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations. Resolve audit problems that occur and develop modifications to coverage and schedule
- Plan and perform Tribal government financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Recommends revisions and/or additions to policies and procedures in order to improve operations as well as internal controls.
- Performs analysis or conducts projects as requested by the ACBCI Chief Executive Officer.
- Assists the Marketing Department with submission and approval of marketing promotions for all departments as they relate to Agua Caliente Gaming Commission.
- Ensure work papers are adequately documented and audit evidence is sufficient. Prepare accurate audit reports for CEO and Tribal Council
- Acts as point person for communication between Casino Operations and Agua Caliente Gaming Commission.
- Prepare reports from audit findings and prepare recommendations for management.
- Respond to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes, policies and procedures and provide consultative services to management.
- Prepares new internal controls and revisions to existing internal controls for compliance to NIGC MICS and the Tribal-State Compact. Submits the internals to ACGC on behalf of casino operations.
- Generates correspondence to the Agua Caliente Gaming Commission on behalf of casino operations regarding regulatory matters.
- Responsible for special projects as directed by the CEO
- Supervises/appraises department staff.
- Must adhere to all Tribal Ordinance, Regulations, and Standard Operating Procedures.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, business management, finance or a closely related field.
- CIA Certificate required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the gaming industry with extensive knowledge of casino operations, NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards, Bank Secrecy Acts Anti-Money Laundering and other Federal and State Regulations pertaining to casinos.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in auditing or accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Standards.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated project management skills
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.