Slot Operations Assistant Shift Manager - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Slot Operations Assistant Shift Manager
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Dec 05, 2017
Jan 03, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Slot Operations Assistant Shift Manager contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Work closely with Slot Operations Shift Manager to oversee and coordinate the daily operations of assigned shift. Directly supervise Lead Slot Attendants and Slot Attendants.
- *Recommend strategies to improve department performance and ensure optimal guest service.
- *Use custom software to review guest activity and generate data for use in department analysis and planning.
- *Conduct audits to ensure team members are adhering to company policies and procedures.
- *Act as a resource to guests and team members by maintaining thorough knowledge of the facility, gaming options, special events, and promotions.
- Communicate Slot department information to management, team members, and other departments.
- Assist in verifying jackpots according to federal, state and tribal gaming regulations as well as PH&C Internal Controls.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of progressively responsible, related experience in a department of similar size are required. An Associate's degree can take the place of 1 year of experience. Gaming industry experience is preferred.
- Six months of supervisory experience is required.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups of team members.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, move freely throughout the property, and operate a personal computer. The team member may occasionally be required to lift or move objects up to 20 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!