Human Resources Coordinator - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Human Resources Coordinator
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
Nov 16, 2017
Feb 07, 2018
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino-Phoenix Human Resources Manager, enhances department’s effectiveness by supporting the Human Resources team and the Enterprise in performing administrative functions and maintaining the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for record keeping of team member data/files.
- Coordinates the entry of all new hires, changes, benefits and terminations within the HRIS system.
- Coordinates the flow of paperwork with managers and other departments.
- Coordinates the scheduling of new hires for New Team Member Orientation (NTMO) and with the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office (TOGO) for the gaming license process.
- Coordinates completion of paperwork with new hires on first day through NTMO.
- Provides suggestions for process improvement regarding team member related scenarios such as the turnover, attendance, changes in the work environment as well as team member incentive that could lead to the retention of team members.
- Assists in problem resolution, data entry and maintenance into the HRIS system and other related systems.
- Conducts Human Resources (HR) section of New Team Member Orientation and ensures completion of all Federal, State, and Enterprise required forms.
- Assists with communication of policies and programs to team members.
- Recommends and perform quality control procedures as defined to ensure accurate and compliant records, including records related to promotions, job transfers and new hires.
- Promotes team member self-service in compliance with available systems and procedures.
- Works with human resource colleagues to identify new opportunities to add value to the organization; help human resource colleagues with projects (as and where needed).
- Models a positive attitude, cooperative team spirit, and high integrity.
- Provides support to Human Resources department in other functional areas as requested.
- Applies an understanding of key legal precedents, policies and practices to protect the interest of the organization, team members and ensure standards are adhered to.
- Assists in coordinating key Human Resources and organizational activities, events, and programs with the direction from Human Resources management to include the following:
- New hire luncheons
- Internal Service Award program, and Annual Service Award ceremony
- Provide support at company-wide Town Hall meetings
- Ensures confidentiality of all team member records, investigations, and other information.
- Responds to employment verifications and unemployment verifications.
- Manages and implement special projects as assigned
- Maintains communication with team members to foster a positive and professional work environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience:
Associates degree in business or related field plus 4 years of related human resources experience to include demonstrated knowledge/understanding in benefits and on boarding; 2 of the 4 years must have recent experience at an intermediate level with a Human Resources Information System; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Gaming experience preferred. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Ability to represent the Human Resources department in a professional manner, building respect and confidence in the Human Resources department and the Enterprise.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Advanced skills in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- Advanced proficiency and knowledge of HRIS systems and processes.
- Knowledge of applicant data system and processes related to employment.
- Intermediate knowledge of benefit packages.
- Intermediate knowledge of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and American Diabetes Act (ADA) laws and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of records management.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team members at all levels.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.