Buffet Cook 3 - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Buffet Cook 3
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
May 05, 2018
Jul 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Buffet Cook 3 contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Work in different kitchens, demonstrates advanced skills and knowledge in food preparation. Culinary Academy certification within 6 month.
- *Maintain a high standard for personal hygiene and sanitation.
- *Maintain clean and safe working environment
- *Competent in performing duties of most positions within the kitchen, teaching the lower ranks.
- *Perform opening and closing duties and assist in supervising the shift.
- *Volunteer to assist other team members as needed.
- *Competent in operating and cleaning most equipment used in department safely, teaching the lower ranks.
- *Maintain a courteous and helpful relationship with internal and external guests.
- *Trains others to perform duties quickly and efficiently.
- *Perform cleaning of coolers, freezers and other storage areas as assigned, competent in teaching the lower ranks.
- *Assist in storing and rotating of all inventories as needed (FIFO).
- *Participate in scheduled training and random testing for evaluation and coaching purpose.
- Based on business needs, may be required to work at other venues as assigned.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Minimum of three years culinary experience, or culinary school preferred, Serve Safe certified.
- Sound knowledge of understanding fryers, ovens and other equipment use in the kitchen.
- Demonstrate excellent culinary skills and knowledge as well as cooking methods.
- Demonstrate excellent product knowledge (including ethnic foods identification)
- Sound knowledge of understanding complex salad construction and cold food preparation and presentation.
- Able to understand and perform job assignments and delegate duties as business demands.
- Able to execute complex recipes and other directions independently.
- Able to work independently with reasonable supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards each guest and fellow employee and participate in a strong team effort.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Requires prolonged periods of being on their feet.
- Light/moderate/heavy lifting is required (up to 80 pounds).
- Required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Required to use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise levels increase and it is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Starting Rate: $12.78 Per Hour
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability. PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision Care, Prescription, Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, 401K Retirement Services, Competitive Wages, Paid time off, Free parking, Free uniforms, Wellness Program, Fitness Center, Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events, Guest Service Award program, Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs, Paid training and advancement opportunities, Team member appreciation events ...and much more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!