Food Court Shift Manager - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Food Court Shift Manager
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Feb 05, 2018
Mar 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Function):
- *Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Oversee daily operations of the venue, including but not limited to guest service, sales, reporting, ordering, product quality, and time card approvals. Maintain a strong presence on the restaurant floor.
- *Lead shift meetings, conduct training, and perform opening and closing duties for assigned shift.
- *Manage team member scheduling and venue inventories to meet business needs and attain budgeted goals through effective cost controls.
- *Ensure timely, positive resolution of guest inquiries, issues, and concerns, taking proper corrective action as necessary. Refer or report serious or complex issues to management.
- *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- *Maintain complete knowledge of restaurant to include menu items, beverage selections, specials, promotions, events, and policies.
- Work in other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and three years of related experience are required. An Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- One year of supervisory experience required.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems required.
- The ability to successfully achieve Responsible Alcohol and Serve Safe certifications within ninety days.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups of team members.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, and move for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer and point-of-sale (POS) system. The team member may occasionally be required to lift or move objects up to ten pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!