Sous Chef at Jumer's Casino and Hotel - Delaware North
Sous Chef at Jumer's Casino and Hotel
Rock Island, Illinois 61201
Nov 01, 2017
Dec 01, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Jumer’s Casino & Hotel in Rock Island, Ill., is a leading gaming destination in the Quad Cities region of the Midwest, featuring a wide array of entertainment and resort amenities. Jumer’s features more than 1,000 slots and 24 table games, as well as a live poker room, high-limit slot area and a VIP lounge.
Amenities include a 205-room hotel with an indoor pool and fitness center, salon and day spa, events center with meeting rooms for up to 600 people, four restaurants, a sports bar, aqua driving range and lakeside fire pit.
Jumer’s began operation in 1992 in downtown Rock Island as one of the first riverboat casino operations in Illinois. In 2008, Jumer’s constructed a new casino/hotel complex at the intersection of I-280 and Highway 92. Since 2011, Jumer’s has been owned and operated by Delaware North.
- Assists Executive Chef with daily supervision and production of the kitchen operations.
- Coordinate and control total function of the kitchen pertaining to food production and quality assurance.
- Partially responsible for menu development, scheduling, food cost, labor costs and sanitation.
- Plans, prepares and cooks high volume meals, banquets, buffets, and catered food to guests and employees.
- Assists Executive Sous Chef with management of the kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks, scheduling, training, implementation of Delaware North Gaming and Entertainment policies and procedures, coordinate and actively participate in event operations and monitor food and labor costs.
- Plan menus, catering packages and daily specials, maintaining financial responsibility for the menu mix.
- Oversees inventory of food product and coordinates product ordering and receiving within corporate specifications.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen to comply with State and local Health Department Regulations.
- Three years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role.
- More specifically, experience in high volume operation. Must have experience supervising personnel.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations including casual, fine dining and catering.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts preferred. ServSafe Certification & ACF Certification Preferred. Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Familiarity with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing. Familiarity with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills.
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential.
- Experience in high volume multi-unit operations casino or hospitality environment.
- Familiar with ordering and inventory procedures and health and sanitation guidelines.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
- Must be able to secure and maintain the appropriate racing and gaming licenses.
Relocation Package Available
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Company Online Application and your Casino Careers resume will be emailed to us. You may also email a cover letter and resume using the Email Employer button.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries.
Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.