Food & Beverage Manager - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Food & Beverage Manager
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Sioux City, Iowa 51101
Oct 16, 2017
Dec 31, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The incumbent in this position is responsible for managing the food and beverage operation for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, including casino and restaurant bars, service bars, and cocktail service to ensure profitable operation and the achievement of customer service goals. He/she is accountable for cross-functional partnerships as well as responsible to lead, inspire and develop his/her constituent.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.
1. Hire, train, motivate, evaluate, and manage Food & Beverage and related management staff in order to ensure that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
2. Monitor daily scheduling process to ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain customer service levels and profit goals.
3. Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities in order to ensure the successful day-today management of all beverage and related operations.
4. Establish department standards, guidelines, and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of beverage and related function.
5. Evaluate performance of Food & Beverage outlets by measuring guest satisfaction, volume, revenue, and cost in order to implement necessary changes to allow the most successful operation of services and fulfillment of company objectives.
6. Advise organization in Food & Beverage-related issues, such as the planning of special events, in order to provide the expertise needed for successful implementation of plans.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Must have ability to:
• Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise and smoke, the severity of which depends on customer volume.
• Observe and direct actions of subordinates. pg. 170
• Effectively communicate with all levels of employees as well as customers. Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
Knowledge of gaming industry and strong public relations skills required. Knowledge of and experience with beverage operations in a multi-outlet or casino environment. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent, with business related college courses preferred, as well as through five years of beverage operations background in a multi-outlet or casino environment with at least three years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
• Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
• Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Sioux City
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City is a fully-integrated gaming resort offering more than 840 slot machines and a wide variety of table games. The facility boasts a Hard Rock Hotel, the world-famous Rock Shop, a live-entertainment venue – Anthem, an outdoor event park – Battery Park, the World Tour Buffet, Main + Abbey restaurant, Fuel American Grill and various other food and beverage options.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City was developed through a partnership between the Missouri River Historical Development and SCE Partners, LLC, an affiliate of Warner Gaming, LLC, and is operated under license from HRHH IP, LLC. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas is the flagship property owned by an affiliate of HRHH IP, LLC.
Missouri River Historical Development, Inc. (MRHD) is the non-profit organization that has held the license for gaming operations in Woodbury County, Iowa since 1992. Since its formation in 1989, MRHD has been improving the quality of life for all residents in Woodbury County via distribution of over $21 million worth of grants to non-profit agencies and governmental agencies.