General Manager - Coyote Valley Casino
46588 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Coyote Valley Casino
Redwood Valley, California 95470
Nov 14, 2017
Feb 14, 2018
Type of Position:
All Executive Management
The General Manager plans, directs and coordinates the operational activities of Coyote Valley Casino at the highest level of management with the assistance of subordinate executives and staff managers. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to strategic planning, project management, ensuring profitability, budgeting and assigning and directing the priorities of Senior Management. The General Manager plans the use of company resources and labor management, determines and formulates policies and provides overall direction of Casino operations within the guidelines established by the Coyote Valley Tribal Council.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and directs all operational activities of Coyote Valley Casino.
- Responsible for the selection, assignment, re-assignment, structure and restructure of any and all employees, departments duties, responsibilities and organizational charts.
- Creates and monitors the development of short and long-term goals and objectives for the operations’ departments of the casino.
- Oversees the development of an adequate system of internal accounting and operational controls to be administered on proprietary software.
- Establishes successful and profitable gaming and non-gaming operations.
- Establishes proper control and allocation of operating expenses among the Tribe, Tribal Gaming Operation and any other user of shared facilities and services.
- Provides accurate monthly financial and other reports to the Tribal Council detailing the financial performance of the gaming operations and its activities.
- Establishes the proper number and qualifications of employees needed to carry on the functions of the gaming operations.
- Provides leadership in the conceptual and design phases of planned and ongoing property development projects.
- Provides oversight for all phases of gaming property construction, development, maintenance and improvement of the gaming facilities.
- Implements the marketing plan and budget for the gaming operation.
- Shall be responsible for the profit/loss of the operation and ensuring that the fiscal controls are developed and implemented.
- Ensure professional behavior and appearance of all Casino Executives is in compliance with established standards.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- College degree or equivalent experience is required and a minimum of ten (10) years experience in upper management of a hospitality or gaming business. Business school is preferred.
- Must have prior experience with fiscal management, supervisory management, facility management and project management.
- Must be able to demonstrate prior business experience with strong emphasis on leadership.
- Must be able to demonstrate solid performance record in previous positions with equivalent emphasis.
- Must have positive and upbeat personality and the ability to work with the public.
- Must be able to interpret complex written and oral instructions.
- Must be of good integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
- Must have prior experience with accounting procedures, including asset and liability management as they relate to a for-profit enterprise.
- Must pass stringent background investigation and qualify for State and Tribal gaming licenses.
- Must be able to function as part of a team to productively execute the above and/or assigned duties, responsibilities, tasks and/or projects.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to regularly stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, noisy casino environment and effectively deal with guests, management and employees in all situations.
Relocation: $5,000 Package
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Must be able to work in an intense environment where a high degree of concentration is necessary to perform the required job duties. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud.
Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
- Must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid gaming license.
- Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified member of the Coyote Valley of Pomo Indian Tribe or qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 2, U. S Code). Coyote Valley of Pomo Indian Tribe and the Coyote Valley Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of the Indian community, their culture and traditions.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Coyote Valley Casino
455 Coyote Valley Blvd.
Redwood Valley CA, 95470
Coyote Valley Casino, is located in Redwood Valley in Mendocino County of Northern California just North of Ukiah. Less than two hours from San Francisco, Coyote Valley Casino features 300 slot machines offering video and reel poker, progressive and multi-denominational games. The casino also offers smoke-free poker with the friendliest dealers around.
Angelina’s Grill offers great food, and savor a cocktail at our full bar with daily drink specials, and live entertainment at the Coyote Valley Casino Entertainment Center. The Community is a rural agriculture wine growing region with scenic mountains and valleys inland from the ocean about 50 miles. Mendocino is home of some of the best wine making names in California while having year round comfortable and moderate climate.