Director Of Hotel Operations - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Director Of Hotel Operations
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Rancho Mirage, California 92270
Nov 19, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
Type of Position:
Job Description Summary
Oversees department heads to achieve hotel operation and casino goals while establishing, introducing and monitoring guest service and productivity standards, with the objective to achieve revenue goals for hotel and casino with superior customer service levels. Will oversee housekeeping, front desk operations, transportation, sales and spa.
.Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Assists the Assistant General Manager in developing and achieving operating budgets for the Hotel.
- Analyze customer feedback and surveys to provide feedback regarding Hotel performance. Oversee the development of new programs that result in increased levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence. Receives and responds to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Generates an atmosphere that ensures the security and safety of all Hotel/Casino staff and customers.
- Maintains all room related expenses and inventories. Identify cost control procedures.
- Correct, through effective training, any areas of unsatisfactory performance of Hotel Operations.
- Develop cost effective solutions for improving quality.
- Interviews potential candidates for placement within the hotel organization.
- Responsible for supervision, training and motivating the hotel staff to ensure effective performance of duties.
- Cooperatively assist in the dissemination of approved casino related hotel promotions, provide recommendations, and serve as a liaison to the casino operations for casino related activities.
- Review hotel/casino accounts payable and ensure prompt payment of group balances.
- Administrative duties and report writing as assigned.
- Monthly written recap of financial highlights, including revenues and expenses for the hotel operating department.
- Perform weekly room inspections to ensure housekeeping quality and engineering preventative maintenance.
- Promptly respond to all inquiries; written, telephone and email.
- Attend all required meetings and meet all required deadlines.
- Display professionalism in all aspects of job performance, including attendance and presentation.
- Provide excellent guest service to both guest and internal clients.
- Must comply with all applicable ACCRS and SRC System of Internal Controls, Standard Operating Procedures and all Tribal Regulations.
Manages subordinate managers who supervise employees in the Hotel/Casino Operations Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Access to Sensitive Areas and Information (ACCRS & SRC)
As per the ACGC Access Matrix.
Complimentary vouchers per ACGC approved Complimentary Matrix
Hotel HR related forms
Hotel personnel files
Hotel employee performance evaluation
Hotel purchase requisitions.
GAMING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years direct hotel/casino management and/or resort/casino customer service management experience, or combination of education and experience. (Experience in luxury brands preferred).
- Minimum 3 years experience developing and/or managing customer service programs in hotel/casino.
- Basic knowledge of casino operations as it pertains to the hotel department.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be computer literate, the ability to work with all departments and have excellent customer relation skills.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate in English
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.