Home Care Attendant - Sandia Resort & Casino
Home Care Attendant
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Sep 28, 2017
Feb 28, 2018
Type of Position:
Reports to the Homecare Program Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Non-medical personal care assistance with activities of daily living such as, mobility including transfers and ambulation, personal comfort and grooming such as bathing, showering, total bed baths, shampooing, preventive skin care and other assistance as needed.
- Light housekeeping duties for the patient including laundry, kitchen and bathroom cleaning, vacuuming.
- Transporting patient to all appointments, outings, and non-essential activities.
- Meal preparation for patients to include: Shopping, menu planning and assisting with patient’s nutrition as needed.
- Follow through on recommendations and orders from all providers, nutritionist/dietician, Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapists, Aquatics, and Homecare Program Manager.
- Companionship and emotional support to the patient.
- Assist with mentally stimulating activities such as putting together puzzles, crafts, card games, friends, music, art, fishing, and family. .
- Attend meeting and trainings as required.
- Communicate regularly with other Homecare Attendants, Family members, and Homecare Program Manager both verbally and in writing.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to the Health Center when client loads are reduced or as needed.
- Ability to advocate for the patient during medical and non-medical appointments.
- Ability to identify problems and report them to a supervisor on behalf of the patient as soon as possible.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability, i.e. compliance with established work schedules.
- Ability to read and write adequately to complete required documentation and interpret all written communication from the Homecare Program Manager or Program Assistant.
- Knowledge of the community or population to be served preferable or extensive multi-cultural experience.
- Ability to provide services independently without constant observation and supervision.
- Must have have good written and oral communication skills. Must be able to deal with the possibility of being subject to inappropriate remarks or actions from clients. Must have the ability to establish appropriate boundaries regarding behaviors of the client while at the same time being sensitive to, and accepting of, potentially awkward behaviors brought on by the medical condition of the client.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to interact effectively with the client being served and the community, as well as, with Homecare Program Manager.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License
- The following license and/or certifications are required prior to employment start date:
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Certified Nurse Assistant designation
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background and character investigation in compliance with PL 101.630.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Insurable driving record with no DWI/DUI violations in the last 5 years.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors.
- Work hours subject to change with short notice with possible overtime requirements.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke; diseases; cuts bruises, burns, common cold, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
- Driving Sandia Pueblo Health Center vehicles, which include vans, SUVs, station wagons and cars.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
- Arms – reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs – lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands – Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors. Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room. This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!