Electrical Services Manager - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Electrical Services Manager
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Sep 21, 2017
Oct 21, 2017
Type of Position:
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Electrical Services Manager contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Perform and oversee skilled electrical work at a master level, including installation, maintenance, testing, and repair work on all electrical wiring, systems, controls, and machinery throughout the company’s property.
- *Plan, design, and install electrical layouts for minor construction projects and electrical secondary system additions or modifications, to include making cost estimates and obtaining necessary permits. Make informed decisions and recommendations.
- *Assist in developing annual operating and capital budgets. Maintain operations within established budgets and implement cost effective preventive maintenance programs and schedules.
- *Oversee and coordinate the efforts of outside contractors as well as electrical maintenance staff in the performance of work throughout the property.
- *Ensure compliance with all applicable electrical code including but not limited to National Electric Code, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, International Building Code, National Fire Protection Association, and state and local codes.
- *Maintain property one line diagrams for the electrical distribution system. Update electrical panel schedules and building or system blueprints.
- *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized environment for team members and guests, working closely with Risk Management. Correct or address unsafe conditions or work practices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain inventory stock of necessary supplies, materials, tools, and equipment, working within budget.
- Establish, update, and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 8 years of progressively responsible, related experience in a facility of similar size are required. An Associate’s degree can take the place of 1 year of experience. Completion of a related apprenticeship program is preferred.
- Three years of supervisory experience is required.
- Must hold a current State of Wisconsin Master Electrician Certification and City of Milwaukee Electrician’s license.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with AutoCAD and building automation software preferred.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- Strong influencing and relationship-management skills. The ability to interact with stakeholders of all levels and understand the interests of multiple stakeholders and how those interests relate to Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C) and its goals.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, and move for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member may occasionally be required to lift or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and at heights. The team member is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme temperatures, and vibration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!