Hotel Front Office Overnight Shift Manager/Night Auditor - Mount Airy Resort & Casino
Hotel Front Office Overnight Shift Manager/Night Auditor
Mount Airy Resort & Casino
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania 18344
Sep 20, 2017
Oct 20, 2017
Type of Position:
The Front Office Shift Manager is responsible for the operation and supervision of Front Desk, Bell Station, Doorman (in the absence of the Bell Captain), Business Center and Concierge Desk during an assigned shift, ensuring superior service to all patrons and guests of the Hotel/Casino.
Assists the staff as necessary to facilitate the handling of guest interactions efficiently and professionally. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Mount Airy Casino Resort policies and procedures, Internal Control standards and Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises the daily operation of Front Desk, Bell Station, Doorman, Business Center and Concierge Desk during as assigned shift.
- Promotes positive guest, employee and public relations at all times.
- Responsible for the quality, consistency and presentation of all products and services delivered to guests.
- Always possesses current knowledge of room inventory during assigned shift and coordinates and communicates with Guest Reservations/Marketing areas to achieve yielded maximum occupancy levels and average daily rates.
- Responsible for the coordination of room assignments and ensures all rooms assigned are a clean and vacant status.
- Communicates and coordinates with all related areas to ensure timely check ins and maximum occupancy.
- Performs routine room inspections to ensure adherence to standards and quality products.
- Maintains knowledge of property, hotel, events and promotions to assist with guest inquiries.
- Complies with and enforces departmental policies, procedures and standards, including comp and revenue controls where appropriate.
- Makes recommendations and implements new policies and procedures.
- Prepares and processes daily reports and handles any exceptions or variances according to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in the interview and hiring of employees.
- Handles employee training and schedules employees to meet business demands.
- Evaluates and addresses employee job performance, providing praise, motivation and counseling appropriately.
- Handles payroll processes/approvals and departmental expenses ensuring adherence to established budgets.
- Ensures timely and appropriate issuance of performance appraisals for staff members.
- Investigates, resolves and responds to all guest concerns and issues in a timely and courteous manner. Acts as a liaison between guests and any affected department to resolve any concerns or issues. Implements service recovery actions to remedy service failures. Provides written reports when necessary.
- Works to accommodate guest requests appropriately, timely and efficiently.
- Effectively communicates all job/property related and pertinent information to superiors and subordinates.
- Maintains supplies and keeps areas of responsibility fully stocked.
- Adheres to established budget for operating expenses.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard free and harassment free work environment within the areas of responsibility.
- Assists in other projects and handles job tasks as deemed appropriate.
- Attends meetings as necessary.
- Meets attendance guidelines and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Must be able to perform each of the essential functions and responsibilities satisfactorily.
- Must be a minimum 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One to three years of Hospitality/Front Office supervisory experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Casino/Front Office supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient computer/PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Possesses excellent customer service, organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and leadership qualities.
- Flexible to work any scheduled shifts and/or days, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform basic calculations and understand, analyze, interpret and communicate guest or operational data and information to achieve objectives.
- Must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid Pennsylvania Gaming License, if necessary.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk and move through all property areas. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental state of mind to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and effectively deal with guests, management, employees and members of the business community.
- Adequate manual dexterity to operate office equipment and engage in light lifting.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License as required by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Must be able to handle exposure to areas where smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must have oral and aural acuity and ability to respond to cues.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Mount Airy Casino Resort
44 Woodland Road
Mount Pocono, PA 18344
Mount Airy Casino Resort in Pennsylvania, features a 68,000 square foot gaming area with 1,700 slot machines. Table games include Blackjack, Poker, “Let It Ride” Poker, Three Card Poker, Seven Card Stud, Hold ’em, Omaha, Pai Gow Poker, Roulette, and Craps.
The 188 room luxury resort hotel includes a full-service luxury spa & exercise & wellness center, Indoor/ Outdoor swimming pool, conference center with banquet & meeting room faciliites , four restaurants including Bistecca by Il Mulino, Guy Fieri’s Mount Pocono Kitchen, Mount Airy Buffet and Get Wet Ultra Pool Kitchen), Gypsies Lounge/Night Club‚ retail shops‚ and a covered parking facility. The facility is surrounded by an 18-hole championship golf course and is adjacent to a 27-acre lake surrounded by nature trails.
We are seeking talented, experienced, responsible and highly personable people to help foster an energetic and service-centered atmosphere. We employ about 1,000 people - at salaried and hourly wages. Our future expansion plans include another 200 guest rooms and additional casino facilities. We have also developed an attractive and equitable employee compensation and benefits plans.
Mount Airy knows it takes great people to make great things happen. As such, we're dedicated to cultivating a diverse work environment, where our team members share ideas, collaborate and respect one another. Ideally, the Mount Airy team will include individuals from a wide array of backgrounds, with different experiences and viewpoints, which will be valued. Our work culture will be performance-based, where personal accountability, growth opportunities and recognition occur daily.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of our business, without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, family status, socioeconomic status or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective job performance. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
All Applicants Must Be Able To Pass A Drug Screen.
Mount Airy Casino-Resort is an equal opportunity employer