Surveillance Technical Supervisor - Four Winds South Bend
Surveillance Technical Supervisor
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
The Surveillance Technical Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the accurate testing, alignment, repair and proper operation of all surveillance equipment, computer systems, network equipment, and software applications on property, including closed circuit televisions and electronic security devices.
* Schedules and performs preventative maintenance on all casino surveillance equipment.
* Maintains and is responsible for system programming.
* Respond expeditiously to critical system needs or emergencies.
* Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
* Implements preventative maintenance programs designed to eliminate system failures.
* Maintains and programs computer-controlled matrix switch supporting the monitors and cameras.
* Provides ongoing supervision, training and support to subordinate technical staff.
* Routinely inspects power supply and wiring to all surveillance equipment, identifying and correcting any potential problems.
* Ensures that the appropriate inventory of equipment and supplies is kept on hand at all times, and orders and re-stocks same, as needed.
* Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
* Operates and maintains computer network and network related hardware and software.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in electronic and/or electrical engineering technology or three to five years CCTV experience required. Two to three years of work experience in MIS (Management Information System), IS (Information System) or IT (Information Technology) within a casino environment and/or surveillance system technician specializing in casino CCTV related computer systems and software.
Experience with computer networking technology, terminology, hardware and software.
Experience with DVR and/or NVR assembly, installation and programming.
Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems including but not limited to Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2003 and later.
Knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP protocols. Familiar with PHP scripting language and MySQL relational database management system.
Knowledge of how the surveillance system operates and how the monitor room is cabled.
Troubleshooting skills to develop and maintain complex systems.
Experience or certification installing, managing or handling fiber optic cable and equipment.
Knowledge of and experience with CCTV analog and digital video, audio, and recording equipment. Must possess excellent communication skills. Experience in gaming surveillance technology and knowledge of cabling standards. Should have experience in digital video capture and processing systems and formats. Must be familiar with and able to utilize software related to Telnet, FTP and SSH communications. Must be able to utilize the CLI within PC and computer networks. Ability to utilize electronic, electrical and mechanical hand tools. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to troubleshoot effectively using a logical and systematic process.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, blue prints, technical briefs, and other related documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to comprehend and convert decimal to binary, octal and hexadecimal numeral systems and should also able to utilize Boolean logic.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of situations especially in a fast paced and demanding environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.