Surveillance Operations Manager - Four Winds South Bend
Surveillance Operations Manager
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Responsible for the successful direction of activities in the Surveillance Department and works to ensure the protection of life and property.
* Ensures the quality of operations in the Surveillance Department.
* Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
* Protects casino assets and gaming integrity, through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property, particularly on the gaming floor.
* Communicates with all department heads, to ensure problems are effectively and promptly resolved.
* Monitors performances of all surveillance employees and provides feedback.
* Plans and directs the staffing, training, development and equitable treatment of all surveillance employees.
* Makes recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign and discipline all direct reports.
* Coordinates, with the Security Department, when surveillance discovers a matter that needs further investigation or attention.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all surveillance employees.
* Studies cheating activity and trends in other gaming areas, particularly Las Vegas, in order to take precautionary measures to deter cheating on this property.
* Regularly inspects the premises, identifying potential safety or security hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate individual or entity, for proper resolution.
* Reviews surveillance tapes and reports, providing detailed information to appropriate casino officials and outside agencies, as needed.
* Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or related area from a four-year college or university, or four to six years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of four (4) years in law enforcement or related field, with progressive supervisory/managerial experience required. Background in gaming surveillance highly preferred. Must possess excellent observation and communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to write effective letters, memos, speeches. and articles for publication. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from staff members at all levels, guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.