Security Officer - Four Winds South Bend
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for properly executing security duties on assigned shift, to adequately protect the life and property of guests, employees and the entire facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Escorts and observes guests and employees, to ensure their safety and protection; identifies potential safety hazards and report same to the appropriate individual, for proper resolution.
* Becomes familiar with hazardous materials used on property, and all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing same.
* Acts as a Dispatcher during emergency situations, and coordinates solutions to same; informs outside agencies, at the direction of a Shift Manager, of any unusual or suspicious situations on property.
* Operates property vehicles as directed to do so.
* Maintains a working knowledge of the facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow employees of same, whenever possible.
* Ensures safe transportation of moneys; assisting in the opening and closing of the gaming tables.
* Interacts with guests and employees in a positive, professional manner.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
* Maintains a series of keys, accessing locked areas as necessary.
* Accepts identification from all persons who appear to be under the age of twenty-one, to ensure compliance with state and federal gaming regulations.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year experience in law enforcement or gaming security preferred. Excellent communication skills required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.