Security Officer II - Four Winds South Bend
Security Officer II
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for properly executing security duties on assigned shift, to adequately protect the life and property of guests, employees, and the entire facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Patrols the property on assigned shift, identifying potential security and/or safety hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate individual, to ensure the safety and protection of guests, employees and the entire facility.
- Able to assume every position at the Officer Level including but not limited to Dispatch and Outside Driver.
- Responsible for training new hires, and comfortable filing paperwork.
- Acts as a back-up to Security Leadership on assigned shift, and assumes their duties when necessary.
- Attends mandated trainings as required, as well as maintaining licenses and training.
- Prepares and requests reports on incidents involving guests, employees and/or the facility.
- Guards all transfers of monies and chips on the casino floor, as well as the physical transportation of chip fills and credits. Ensures safe transportation of moneys; assisting in the opening of closing of gaming tables and the slot drop process.
- Interacts with guests and employees in a positive, professional manner.
- Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Acts as a representative of the property, in meeting with guests, employees and witnesses, to investigate security-related incidents.
- Maintains a series of keys, accessing locked areas as necessary.
- Prepares clear, detailed reports of security incidents, which take place on property.
- Coordinates with the Surveillance Department on security-related matters.
- Works closely with Management to effectively resolve guest complaints.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the facilities, as well as special events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow employees of same whenever possible.
- Operates property vehicles as directed to do so.
- Accepts identification from all persons who appear to be under the age of twenty-one, to ensure compliance with state and federal gaming regulations.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, for improvements to policies, procedures, or the facility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
- Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Two (2) or more year of experience in security or law enforcement or related field. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Some college preferred.
Excellent communication skills required. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word 2007 and Excel 2007. Excellent observation, interview, verbal, and writing skills required. Ability to pass a report writing assessment.
Must have completed the following Four Winds Offered Courses:
- Defensive Tactics
- Dealing with Difficult Guests
- Coffee Talk/Cut-Off
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports and memos. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Applicant must successfully complete screening for essential job functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.