Restaurant Sous Chef - Timbers - Four Winds South Bend
Restaurant Sous Chef - Timbers
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of all food items within Timbers and the Employee Dining Room (SHED) ensuring the efficiency of the line and kitchen operation during an assigned shift in accordance with specifications and standards. Ensuring operations of the restaurant, on an assigned shift, and employee performances are in accordance with guest service, operational standards, and gaming regulations.
* Enforces performance standards, policies and procedures as they relate to venue operations; monitors Cooks, Kitchen Assistants, Kitchen Utilities, and ensures smooth and efficient operations on a continual basis.
* Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
* Checks the quantity and quality of received products.
* Administers production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
* Instructs cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
* Monitors sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations securing a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized environment.
* Orders or requisitions food, beverage and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation and completes monthly inventory counts according to guidelines.
* Follows all recipes, specs, SOP's, and HACCP standards.
* Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
* Provides input to the Assistant Shift Manager and FWCR Executive Food &Beverage Management concerning operational deficiencies and areas in need of improvement.
* Provides data and reporting to FWCR Executive Food &Beverage Management as requested through the InfoGenesis and Stratton Warren operating systems.
* Conducts pre-shift meetings with all staff. Assigns sections and facilitates the flow of information throughout the Department.
* Supervises, reports, and makes necessary adjustments pertaining to all employee call-ins and scheduling conflicts to ensure standard staffing levels according to business volumes.
* Completes all administrative reports, schedules, forms, departmental programs within time frames and guidelines set forth.
* Is held accountable for confidentiality and accuracy of departmental/company records and reports.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
High school diploma or G.E.D. Culinary degree or formal apprenticeship preferred and two to three years ala carte experience.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication tables.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.