Restaurant Sous Chef - Kankakee Grille - Four Winds South Bend
Restaurant Sous Chef - Kankakee Grille
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46614
Feb 05, 2018
Mar 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation and presentation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Administers production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimates amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instructs cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitors sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Orders or requisitions food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Follows all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
- Demonstrates new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment to kitchen staff.
- Monitors guest satisfaction.
- Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
- Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
- Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Culinary degree or formal apprenticeship preferred
- Two to three years multi-ethnic cooking experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Appropriate licenses, as required. ServSafe® certification, or ability to become certified, required.
- Knowledge of HACCP standards required.
- Extensive knowledge of food safety and sanitation, culinary nutrition, and supervisory management.
- This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports and memos. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee's work environment may, at times, be very warm or very cold. The work environment includes moderate exposure to slippery work surfaces and greasy areas.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
Employee Benefits & Programs: 401(k) Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Dining Room, On-Site Health and Wellness Center, Life Insurance, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), Paid Time Off, Uniforms Provided, Recognition & Rewards, Personal Development Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.