Pastry Cook 3 - Lead - Four Winds South Bend
Pastry Cook 3 - Lead
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018SUMMARY:
Responsible all preparation of required baked goods, desserts, and confections are prepared in accordance with property specifications and standards and for assisting in the supervision of all pastry employees.
* Administers production schedules and determines the work flow for all pastry shop production employees.
* Ensures all specs in all recipes and food apportionment are met.
* Maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions at all times.
* Makes recommendations and suggestions in hiring, terminating, suspending and counseling to the Pastry Shop management.
* Has knowledge of all state health department regulations and ensures all conditions and standards are met.
* Coordinates and assists in the preparation, portioning and garnishment of all baked goods, desserts, and confections.
* Ensures smooth and efficient operations on a continual basis.
* Assists in providing all pastry shop employees with proper training and coaching as needed in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred and two to four years baking experience. Prefer ACF apprenticeship or accredited culinary program.
Appropriate licenses, as required. ServSafe® certification, or ability to become certified, required. Knowledge of HACCP standards required. Strong attention to detail skills required.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.