Lead Gift Shop Clerk - Four Winds South Bend
Lead Gift Shop Clerk
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for maintaining inventory control in the gift shop, supervising the effective daily operation of the gift shop, and processing all merchandise, and transfers for special events, promotions and/or donations.
* Ensures the following tasks are assigned, monitored, and completed: The gift shop is kept exceptionally clean and neat. All merchandise is tagged correctly, put out on display or folded and placed in the storeroom. Merchandise is properly sized and displayed on the gift shop floor. Merchandise in storeroom is put away and organized.
* Prices merchandise and enters it into the inventory records.
* Responds to guest complaints and/or inquiries promptly and courteously.
* Generates daily sales report, merchandise quantity-on-hand report, accounts receivable report, and departmental complimentary report, and presents them to the Inventory Control Manager on a regular basis.
* Ensures that all merchandise is accurately inventoried once a month, and that the same merchandise is displayed to its best advantage.
* Maintains accurate, updated files from Corporate and miscellaneous vendors. Assists the accounts payable department, when necessary, to verify that bills from vendors correspond to merchandise received.
* Held accountable, to a high degree, for the thoroughness and accuracy of departmental records, reports and miscellaneous correspondence.
* Promotes a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction in the department.
* Performs guest services-related duties, such as assisting guests with merchandise selection and/or purchase, handling exchanges and redeeming complimentaries.
* Creatively resolves problems in the area of inventory control.
* Maintains and supervises all merchandise put into storage. This includes transferring goods from outside storage to the gift shop storeroom.
* Assists Inventory Control Manager with duties as needed.
* Maintains a working knowledge of current and upcoming events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow employees of same, whenever possible.
* Assists manager and supervisors on all shifts, in regards to coverage of all shifts in the gift shops, i.e., may be required to replace gift shop associates as needed for the following (PTO, illness, funerals, jury duty, etc.).
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be computer literate. Two to four years retail experience required, preferably in a casino or hotel. One to two years experience in accounting preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.