Inventory Control Clerk - Four Winds South Bend
Inventory Control Clerk
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Assists in analysis and management of inventory in the Retail Shops and Uniform Department. Processes all merchandise and transfers of merchandise for sale, special events, promotions and/or donations.
* Generates purchase orders as needed.
* Enters items into the inventory and point-of-sale systems as directed by Retail/Wardrobe Manager or Inventory Control Specialist.
* Receives merchandise shipments from vendors, verifying that the appropriate merchandise is received in good, saleable condition.
* Verifies merchandise prices and enters into inventory records.
* Responds to guest complaints and/or inquiries promptly and courteously.
* Prepares reports and analysis for management on a regular basis.
* Assists in ensuring that merchandise is accurately inventoried.
* Assists in maintaining accurate, updated files from Corporate and miscellaneous vendors.
* Assists in working with the Finance Department as needed to ensure accurate records in the areas of purchase orders, invoices, credits, and payroll deductions.
* Assists in working with vendors regarding purchase orders, invoices, credits, and status of shipments.
* Verifies that invoices correspond to merchandise received.
* Creatively resolves problems in the area of inventory control.
* Held accountable, to a high degree, for the thoroughness and accuracy of departmental records, reports and miscellaneous correspondence.
* Promotes a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction in the departments.
* Performs guest-service-related duties, such as assisting guests with merchandise selection and/or purchase, handling exchanges & redeeming complimentaries, and assisting in Uniform Department front-counter-related duties such as issuing uniform garments to employees.
* Maintains all merchandise put into storage. This includes transferring goods from outside storage to the Uniform Department or any of the Retail Shops.
* Assists Clerks and Attendants on all shifts on selling floor and uniform counter as needed.
* Assists Inventory Control Specialist with duties as assigned.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred. Two to four years retail experience preferred, preferably in a casino and/or hotel. A minimum of two years working with high levels of inventory and inventory turn-over preferred.
Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be computer literate. One to two years experience in accounting preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports and memos. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.