Gift Shop Clerk - Four Winds South Bend
Gift Shop Clerk
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for effectively serving casino guests, completing tasks as assigned by management, and ensuring that the standard for guest services is met.
* Assists gift shop patrons by promoting and recommending specific gift items. Effectively cross sells merchandise.
* Replenishes gift shop display shelves and racks. Accurately tag and put away merchandise received.
* Responds to guest complaints and/or inquiries promptly and courteously.
* Held accountable for the thoroughness and accuracy of departmental records under his/her control, including the filling out and completion of comps and transfers of merchandise.
* Assists in all merchandise being accurately inventoried once a month and ensures that proper inventory control is maintained by his/her staff.
* Operates point-of-sale terminal for gift shop transactions.
* Maintains a working thorough knowledge of where gift shop merchandise is stored and assists in retrieving merchandise from outside storage if necessary.
* Maintains a working knowledge of current and upcoming events on property in order to advise guests of same, whenever possible.
* Adheres to established cash control policies and procedures of the casino.
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Must possess effective communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in high, precarious places.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.