Garde Manger 2 - Four Winds South Bend
Garde Manger 2
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
Food and Beverage
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for preparation of cold food following established procedures and standards.
* Executes preparation of all recipes according to recipe standards and production schedules.
* Controls quality presentation of all food products.
* Prepares, supplies and monitors the salad bar in the buffet.
* Maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions at all times.
* Maintains knowledge of all State Health Department regulations and adheres to all conditions and standards.
* Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
* Prepares, portions, and garnishes of all foods.
* Breaks down, cleans and assembles various types of food service machinery associated with cold food production.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred. One to two years related experience in a large multi-outlet facility.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to perform basic math skills: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.