Executive Casino Host - Four Winds South Bend
Executive Casino Host
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for acquiring, retaining, reactivating, and growing play from high-end slot and table guests through personal, professional contact. Also responsible for ensuring the quality of service provided to all guests is in accordance with established marketing strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Develops and sustains relationships with VIP guests.
* Introduces new VIP guests to the casino property.
* Dispenses high-end amenities to qualified guests.
* Oversees and has final responsibility for all direct mailings for the property.
* Acts as a resource for guests, management, and employees, to ensure a maximum level of satisfaction and service throughout the department and the casino.
* Represents the casino at on- and off-property events.
* Works to reactivate inactive VIP guests through direct contact (mail, telephone, personal visits, etc.).
* Interacts with other departments to identify VIP guests.
* Assists VIP guests with special reservations.
* Resolves guest complaints and/or conflicts.
* Dispenses complimentary amenities to guests who have attained the necessary levels of play.
* Facilitates the effective management of information throughout the department and casino.
* Maintains a working knowledge of casino facility, as well as current and upcoming special events on property, in order to advise guests and fellow employees, whenever possible.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and four to six years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent communication skills required. Effective organizational skills required. Strong background in customer-service/relations, with experience in the casino industry preferred. Must have the ability to effectively perform job responsibilities without supervision. Ability to speak a second language preferred.
This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Some analytical ability is required in order to summarize data for reports and find solutions to various administrative problems. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to prepare and interpret graphs. Must be able to master the property's player tracking and reservation systems.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require a flexible schedule on the part of the employee. The position will be primarily swing shift, but will also require grave shift attendance as guest demands dictate. Off property travel will also be warranted.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.