Slot Supervisor - Four Winds South Bend
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for ensuring maximum guest service and satisfaction through the organization and supervision of assigned areas according to policies and procedures and gaming regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Organizes the assigned shift and area including, daily employee assignments, employee break schedules and staffing levels.
* Verifies slot pay outs (jackpots, fills, etc.) and booth buying/selling, maintains security of monies within the department.
* Strives to meet revenue goals by ensuring all slot machines are in working order. Notifies slot maintenance of repair.
* Supervises count in/count out of change banks and booths when variances occur, also records and tracks variances, and check voids.
* Makes recommendations and suggestions to hire, suspend, evaluate, promote, assign, reward and/or discipline the employees in his/her span of supervision.
* Supports training programs for each position and ensures adequate training and development is provided for each employee.
* Promotes all departmental and property-wide promotions.
* Maintains current knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, compact, etc.) and attendant regulations, as well as the property's internal controls, policies and procedures.
* Performs the duties of the Player's Club Representative, if necessary.
* Coordinates and directs the activities of player's club employees on assigned shift.
* Supervises Player's Club Representatives to ensure smooth and efficient service is provided to guests.
* Promotes the player's club by assisting guests through the membership process.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings and conveying accurate information to employees on assigned shift.
* Creatively resolves problems, which relate to player's club.
* Maintains accurate departmental records and regularly reports relevant information to Slot Shift Manager or Assistant Slot Shift Manager.
* Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction in the player's club is achieved and maintained.
* Inspects and re-stocks player's club printed material.
* Assists Slot Shift Manager or Assistant Slot Shift Manager with special projects, as needed.
* Assists with training of player's club employees.
* Makes account adjustments and issues comps as needed.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in employee training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
Directly supervises all Slot Floor Persons and Player's Club Representatives on assigned shift
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, college degree preferred. 2 - 3 years related experience, including supervisory experience preferred.
Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office applications and related computer programs required. Strong organizational and communication skills required.
This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports and memos. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and radiation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.