Sports Bar Assistant Shift Manager - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Sports Bar Assistant Shift Manager
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Nov 13, 2017
Jan 13, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Sports Bar Assistant Shift Manager contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Function)
- *Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Assist in leading the daily operations of the venue on assigned shifts, including but not limited to conducting pre-shift meetings, delegating tasks effectively, and overseeing opening and closing duties, cleaning detail, and money handling.
- *Ensure timely, positive resolution of guest inquiries, issues, and concerns, taking proper corrective action as necessary. Refer or report serious or complex issues to management.
- *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment.
- Assist to track supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of venue service standards for all positions, menu items, beverage selections, specials, promotions, events, and policies.
- Work at other venues as assigned, based on business needs.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of related experience in a venue of similar size are required. An Associate’s degree can take the place of 1 year of experience. High volume restaurant operations experience preferred.
- Six months of supervisory experience is preferred.
- The ability to achieve and maintain Responsible Alcohol and ServSafe certifications within 90 days.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems preferred.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally, including the ability to speak in front of small groups of team members.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, move freely throughout the property, and operate a personal computer. The team member may occasionally be required to lift or move objects up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!