Cook 1 - Buffet - Four Winds South Bend
Cook 1 - Buffet
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46614
Feb 05, 2018
Mar 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepares, seasons, finishes, and garnishes all food.
- Maintains all refrigeration and dry storage areas to ensure proper handling and rotation of products.
- Ensures that their culinary work station is clean and that all food items are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
- Follows all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with health regulations.
- Assists with guest requests when needed.
- Helps stock dishes when needed.
- Assists with storage and proper rotation of food products.
- Uses dry and liquid measure and scales.
- Stirs and strains soups and sauces.
- Maintains a culinary work station when required.
- Performs proper receiving, thawing, and storage in correct location, proportioning prep area sanitation, heating and holding, and re-thermalization (including sauces, soups, salad bar items, lunch, dinner, and produce).
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Strong organizational skills required.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to perform basic math skills: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 lb. and occasionally required to lift up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Applicant must successfully complete screening for essential job functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee regularly works around mechanical moving parts.
The work environment may, at times, be very warm or very cold. The work environment includes moderate exposure to slippery work surfaces and greasy areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. A casino environment is typically smoky.
Employee Benefits & Programs
401(k) Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Dining Room, On-Site Health and Wellness Center, Life Insurance, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), Paid Time Off, Uniforms Provided, Recognition & Rewards, Personal Development Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.