Casino Guest Specialist - Four Winds South Bend
Casino Guest Specialist
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for providing accurate, timely information to VIP guests about casino and hotel policies, services, amenities, ensuring optimum guest service and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Inputs hotel, restaurant and special event reservations for guests by request
* Responsible for meeting customer contact goals
* Maintains up to date spreadsheets related to special events and off property amenities
* Ensures guest complimentaries are in accordance with the casino guidelines.
* Assists in handling guest concerns and reports all incidents to management in accordance with policy and procedures.
* Maintains a working knowledge of the casino facilities, as well as special events on and near property, in order to advise guest of same, whenever possible.
* Responds to guests' requests, concerns or inquiries courteously and promptly.
* Accesses guest information from the computer.
* Maintains a working knowledge of availability, qualifying criteria, room rates, types, locations, package plans, special features, information on all outlets, hours of operation, and various local attractions, in order to advise guests of same, whenever possible.
* Held accountable, to a high degree, for the thoroughness and accuracy of departmental records and reports.
* Maintains the confidentiality of guest and departmental information.
* Other tasks as assigned
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests and employees.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred. One to two years related experience preferred.
Must have the ability to effectively perform on one's own. Must possess excellent communication and organization skills. Must be computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to effectively resolve problems, based on common sense use of reasoning ability, as well as knowledge of established casino policies.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10 pounds).
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.