Beverage Server - Four Winds South Bend
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
Food and Beverage
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for providing beverage service to all casino guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner displaying a high standard of guest services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Performs necessary tasks to service guests, i.e., taking and filling all beverage orders and assisting in maintaining guests gaming area in a clean and neat manner.
* Monitors guests' needs on a continual basis ensuring all beverage requests will be promptly fulfilled.
* Assists other beverage personnel with maintenance (side work, opening/closing duties) as necessary.
* Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
* Monitors guest alcohol consumption and responds accordingly.
* Works in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
* Cleans unwanted debris from the guests gaming area.
* Helps refill beverage supplies at all service stations.
* Requests identification from guests when legal age is in question.
* Utilizes proper call order when ordering beverages from bartender in a courteous manner.
* Helps keep service wells stocked, clean, and sanitary.
* Maintains thorough knowledge of casino food and beverage selections.
* Stays current on department and property knowledge and promotions.
* Follows all C.A.R.E. guidelines to help assist with guests' responsible consumption.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred. One to two years related experience.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to perform basic math skills: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend. The employee is required to stand and walk for long periods of time in a 1 ½ inch heel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.