Beverage Floor Supervisor - Four Winds South Bend
Beverage Floor Supervisor
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for the supervision of all beverage employees ensuring operational standards and guest services are in accordance with policies and procedures and gaming regulations on an assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Maintains a strong presence on the casino floor.
* Ensures the smooth and efficient service and adherence to C.A.R.E., Liquor Control Guidelines, and gaming regulations throughout all beverage facilities in the casino.
* Calibrates and monitors automatic beverage systems. .
* Conducts pre-shift meetings with Beverage Servers, Bartenders, and Barbacks.
* Conducts ACES observations.
* Monitors employee performance and provides feedback on ways to improve and/or develop skills.
* Maintains professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
* Monitors guest alcohol consumption and responds accordingly. Administers coffee-talks and cut-off procedures as necessary and within guidelines.
* Works in and ensures a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
* Assists with completion of daily beverage orders and monthly inventory counts according to guidelines.
* Is held accountable for confidentiality and accuracy of departmental/company records and reports.
* Promotes outstanding guest services throughout the casino resolving any guest dispute promptly and in a courteous manner.
* Maintains knowledge and ensures adherence to all regulatory, internal, federal, and state controls and procedures.
* Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
* Assists with supervision of food venues as assigned.
* Acts as an ACES and T.R.I.F. role model, reporting to assigned shift on time, fostering a positive and enthusiastic work environment for all employees. Builds relationships with other departments and encourages teamwork, respect and providing excellent guest service.
* Performs additional job duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
* Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
* Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
* Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
* Retains employees through involvement in training and development.
* Explains why we do things, in advance of doing them.
Supervises the Beverage Dual Rate Supervisors, Beverage Servers, Bartenders and Barbacks on assigned shifts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred. Two to four years beverage operations experience. Gaming experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of ABC and CC regulations.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Appropriate licenses, as required. ServSafe®, C.A.R.E. certification, or ability to become certified, required. Knowledge of HACCP standards required. Demonstration of basic computer skills; ability to complete reports, respond to emails, and complete excel spreadsheets.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to write effective reports. Ability to respond to inquiries from employees or guests. Ability to communicate one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk for extensive periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.