Barista - White Birch - Four Winds South Bend
Barista - White Birch
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Sep 19, 2017
Dec 18, 2017
Type of Position:
Full Time, Part Time
Food and Beverage
South Bend positions may require work and/or training at the New Buffalo, Michigan location
Employment offers for South Bend positions will continue through the opening of this location in early 2018
Responsible for providing dining service to all guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner, displaying a high standard of guest services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Delivers prompt, efficient and courteous service of food and beverages to venue guests in accordance with venue standards.
- Maintains professional grooming and appearance
- Answers any guest questions and refers them, if necessary, to appropriate management personnel
- Maintains cleanliness of all side stations, responsible for stocking paper supplies and any other required items
- Performs necessary tasks to service guests, i.e., taking and filling all food and drink orders and assisting in maintaining guests dining area in a clean and neat manner.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic beverage and/or non-alcoholic beverages according to established recipes and CARE guidelines
- Preparation of hot & cold specialty coffee drinks and blended beverages
- Brewing hot coffee, iced tea & cold coffee according to brand standards
- Heating, packaging and serving of pastries and sandwiches
- Dispensing of gelato
- Recipe and portion knowledge and retention
- Consistent execution when preparing foods & beverages
- Receives payment from food and beverage guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Adheres to established cash control policies and procedures.
- Works and prepares food in a clean, sanitary, safe, and organized manner, abiding by all health and safety regulations.
- Assists other restaurant personnel with maintenance (side work, opening/closing duties) as necessary.
- Utilizes point-of-sale system, quotes accurate pricing, gives correct change, accounts for all cash, charge, and complimentary sales according to established procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school or G.E.D.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
This position requires a Level 4 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that gives you even more reason to make Four Winds Casino a choice employer.
Employee Benefits & Programs
• 401(k) Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Medical Plan
• Dental Plan
• Vision Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Employee Dining Room
• On-Site Health and Wellness Center
• Life Insurance
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• Paid Time Off
• Uniforms Provided
• Recognition & Rewards
• Personal Development Opportunities
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.