Director of Golf - Isleta Resort and Casino
Director of Golf
Isleta Resort and Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87105
Oct 09, 2017
Oct 17, 2017
Type of Position:
Responsible for the directing, coordinating, and overseeing the day-to-day Isleta Eagle Golf Club’s Maintenance, Retail, and Operations Departments to include, but is not limited to, sales/customer service, operations, fiscal management, and personnel while promoting and exhibiting World Class Guest Service to all the Isleta Resort and Casino employees and guests. Has limited oversight of the Isleta Eagle’s Food Outlet and Convention Services. Actively exercises managerial responsibility for all department internal controls and regulatory requirements. Ensures employee and guest compliance and conforms to all Tribal, Federal, State, Pueblo of Isleta Regulatory, and Isleta Resort and Casino regulations.
Isleta Resort and Casino Guest Service Agreement
All Team Members will display 100% commitment to World Class Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of Guest Service Standards established by the Isleta Resort and Casino.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Sets and enforces sufficient internal department controls to prevent fraud, loss, theft, and employee & customer injuries.
- Maintains updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensures compliance with tribal, federal, state and regulatory requirements.
- Produces and manages department operating, capital, and project budgets (as assigned) in order to meet or favorably exceed approved budgeted expectations.
- Assists Marketing Department in the development of promotional and marketing plans and ideas to enhance player activity. Develops and implements creative strategies to increases revenue.
- Interacts productively with Executive Management, Directors, and Managers in order to work as a management team through constant feedback and exchange of ideas to further the organizational mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Achieves and maintains overall player and guest service goals. Oversees the player/guest service model, ensures player/guest complaints are resolved appropriately, and that appropriate service recovery gestures are made to ensure complete player/guest satisfaction.
- Proactively builds guest relations by establishing rapport with current and future guests to understand service requirements.
- Represents the Isleta Eagle Golf Club and facility in the Sun Country and other PGA tournaments, as approved.
- Creates, organizes and oversees tournament operations for maximum exposure and revenue production.
- Oversees golf retail operations and golf course maintenance to ensure efficient and accurate inventory control, cash management, sales, safety/welfare and course maintenance/appearance.
- Promotes and encourages golf participation through innovative programs such as golf lessons, junior golf clinics, and player promotions; designs and initiates promotional ideas, strategies, and concepts for the department.
- Oversees and ensures preventative equipment is repaired, replaced, and maintained.
- Achieves financial objectives by developing and monitoring the performance of financial operational plans/budgets, sales & marketing plans to support the overall objectives of the Isleta Resort and Casino. Controls labor and expenses in all areas of operations. Analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Continuously assesses and develops strategic business and operational plans for department maximum efficiency and best practices.
- Analyzes department revenues and expenses in order to implement processes which will increase player/customer/guest service, set expense controls, and cash management in a manner which will produce maximum profit.
- Establishes and implements short and long range departmental goals in accordance with organizational vision and strategy.
- Remains abreast of current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicates pertinent ensures an open and welcoming atmosphere that promotes skill enhancement.
- Greets players/guests, maintains a friendly and inviting atmosphere, and promotes positive guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
- Promotes positive player/guest relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
- Information to management, peers, direct reports, and team members as appropriate.
Personnel & Administrative Tasks:
- Monitors staff performance, behavior, and attendance to ensure adherence to all Isleta Resort and Casino SOPs and directs disciplinary action as warranted.
- Responsible for the safe and effective operation the Isleta Eagle Golf Course Operation including proactively managing safety and risk.
- Increases the Isleta Eagle Golf Club Department’s effectiveness by recruiting, interviewing, selecting, promoting, training, coaching, counseling, assigns and delegates work, disciplining, reassigning, and terminating employees as needed.
- Schedules and plans shift calendars, communicates departmental and organizational goals, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures departments are properly staffed and motivated to exceed the Isleta Resort and Casino’s goals and objectives.
- Resolves, both, internal and external guest issues and problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Gives basic instruction on all promotions and special events.
- Occasionally may be assigned to drive company vehicle on public roads, to and from Isleta Pueblo properties, and/or other destinations, during shift
- Occasionally performs duties of subordinates and other duties as need.
Accountability and Supervision:
Directly supervises the Head Golf Pro, Golf Course Superintendent, and provides oversight to the Golf Course Food
and Beverage Manager. Administers supervisory employment actions and responsibilities in accordance with the
Isleta Resort and Casino’s policies, SOPs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining of
employees; promoting, demoting, and reassigning employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, required.
- Five (5) years’ experience as Director of Golf (or equivalent) in Golf Operations and Maintenance Departments, required. Food & Beverage oversight preferred.
- Must be a PGA Class A Member, required and must maintain active PGA of America or LPGA of America classification, required.
Special Requirements, Licenses, and Certification
- Must be able to acquire and maintain Gaming License issued through POIGRA.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background investigation.
- Must be flexible with work schedule. Must be willing to work any days/hours as needed or required tomeet business needs.
- Must maintain all Isleta Resort and Casino-wide educational and certification requirements.
- Must maintain all Isleta Resort and Casino-wide educational and certification requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico driver’s license. Should not have had a driver’s license revoked or suspended in the last three (3) years prior to the date of the employment application. Acceptability will be determined by Risk Management. Driving records will be checked.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the rules of golf and golf etiquette.
- Must be able to communicate, in writing and verbally, in English and in an effective, informative, and professional manner and be able to convey denials and/or defuse hostile guest situations with ease and tact.
- Must possess a highly developed sense of customer service and interpersonal skills including high integrity and respect for individuals.
- Must possess strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Must possess a strong commitment to the organizational goals and objectives while showing the utmost discretion and loyalty to the organization when dealing with confidential information and data.
- Must possess thorough knowledge and expertise in Federal, State, and Tribal regulatory requirements and authoritative published material as related to department.
- Must possess internal control knowledge as it relates to the department.
- Must have understanding of chemicals, equipment and safety protocols to safely and effectively manage a full-service golf resort.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to lift, move, and place 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
Work is generally performed in and outside in a golf course setting with exposure to extreme weather conditions
such as high levels of heat, cold, winds, rain, hail, and snow and an office setting. Occasionally may be required to
interact with hostile and/or angry guests.
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily allinclusive
and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities
not listed herein. Management reserves the right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential
requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the completion of any
requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
Native American Preference Policy
Isleta Resort and Casino will at all times and for the positions give hiring, transfers, and promotional preferences to
qualified Native American applicants in the following order:
1. Enrolled Pueblo of Isleta Tribal Member;
pueblo of Isleta Descendants; and
3. Registered Native American from a federally recognized tribe.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Isleta Resort & Casino
11000 Broadway Blvd. SE
Albuquerque, NM 87105
The resort features a 6 story tower and a total of 201 guest rooms; approximately 100,000 square foot casino offering Las Vegas style gaming (over 30 table games - CR, RO, Blackjack, Poker and 1600 slots); an indoor/outdoor pool; 30,000 square feet of convention space; a 2,500 seat multi-purpose theater for concerts and sporting events; several new restaurants; and a cocktail lounge featuring live entertainment.