Slot Technician - Kla-Mo-Ya Casino
Chiloquin, Oregon 97624
Oct 09, 2017
Oct 17, 2017
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
INTRODUCTION The Slot Technician will be responsible for maintaining all Slot floor equipment, including on-floor electronic Slot data equipment, under the direction of the Slot Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring that all duties are carried out in compliance with regulations as set forth by department.
- Provide excellent customer service and Slot ticket redemption to Casino guests.
- Responsible for machine operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Access to all Slot keys, forms and documents in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in the payment of jackpots to Casino guests.
- Respond to customer questions regarding machine problems.
- Check on-line systems for errors or problems.
- Install, align, adjust, and calibrate validators, boards, and monitors.
- Determine legitimacy if any pay-outs from the slots per department policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required.
The Slot Technician works under the direct supervision of the Slot Lead Technician. Work is assigned in terms of functional objectives. The supervisor will provide guidance with unusual situations that do not have clear precedents.
The Slot Technician works independently, resolves problems on the basis of past precedent; exercises judgment in interpreting guidelines and applicability.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT This job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily all-inclusive and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. Management reserves the sole right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, REQUIRED.
- Non-Indians must be at least 21 years of age. REQUIRED
- Enrolled Indians who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. REQUIRED
- Six Months (6) months experience in a related technical field REQUIRED, Electronic Training Certification, Preferred.
- One (1) year demonstrated customer service, REQUIRED.
- Prior cash handling experience, Preferred.
- Must submit to and clear an Alcohol/Drug Screen.
- Must be Licensable by the Klamath Tribes Gaming Regulatory Commission
- Indian Preference will apply.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable in repairing and maintaining electronic gaming devices and associated equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to perform and calculate basic math equations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in providing excellent customer service.
- Willingness to work irregular schedules, which will include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently under pressure of time and/or several demands.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information pertinent to the nature of the work.
Eligible employees (working 30 hours or more) receive
medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401 (k) retirement plan, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance, and employee assistance program. Additional benefits include company paid holidays, personal leave, vacation, paid jury duty, paid bereavement leave, and employee discounts.
Chosen applicants will be required by the Klamath Tribes Gaming Regulatory Commission, to complete a Personal Disclosure Application, which includes photograph and fingerprints, for a background investigation to determine suitability for a gaming license. Must qualify for a gaming license, and must pay Licensing Fee to the Klamath Tribes Gaming Regulatory Commission prior to working.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
This position requires the submission of the following documents when applying:
1. A Kla-Mo-Ya Casino Employment Application Form - Just click on the "Apply Now" button and you will be directed to our Application Form, which you must print and complete to be considered.
2. A Resume & Cover Letter
Your Casino Careers resume is automatically forwarded when you click on the Apply Button.
You may also use the Email Employer form to submit a resume and cover letter.
3. A copy of a High School Diploma or GED Certificate from an accredited institution.
Sealed Official Transcripts, or a copy of the college Bachelor's or graduate degree diploma(s)
You may also print all of the above documents and mail your information to:
Human Resources Office
34333 Hwy 97 North
Chiloquin OR, 97624
Kla-Mo-Ya Casino opened in the summer of 1997 as an enterprise of the Klamath Tribes. Its name is an acronym of the three tribes that comprise the Klamath Tribes: (the Klamath, Modoc, and Yahooskin Band of Snake Indians). Situated on 40 acres along the beautiful Williamson River, Kla-Mo-Ya Casino is a 15,000 square foot facility offering the feeling of an elegant mountain lodge that blends into its natural surroundings. The Casino offers over 344 slot machines, 3 Black Jack tables, the Peak-To-Peak Restaurant and Lounge and a gift shop to its over 300,000 annual visitors.
Since its opening, the KLA-MO-YA Casino has shown steady growth and currently offers over 135 jobs from Chiloquin, Klamath Falls, and surrounding areas, of which approximately 50% are Klamath Tribal members or members of another Federally Recognized Tribe. The Casino operates under the direction of the KLA-MO-YA Board of Directors.
The Casino is proud that it contributes to Klamath County’s economic well-being through the good and services it purchases that benefit numerous local businesses; through sponsorships and donations to charities, service agencies, youth groups, schools; and to Native American events, rodeos and other area events.
Crater Lake Travel Center on property adjacent to the Casino, offers both travelers and Casino guests another reason to stop and visit our facility. KLA-MO-YA Casino continues to build a strong foundation in helping create tribal economic self-sufficiency. Each year the number of visitors and casino revenues steadily increase and the future will be no exception.