Houseperson - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Oct 19, 2018
Nov 19, 2018
Type of Position:
The Houseperson is responsible for helping achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals through the maintenance and upkeep, cleanliness of the rooms.
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Understand standards of the rooms/suites cleanliness
- To constantly clean assigned rooms/suites to the standards of cleanliness of the hotel.
- Maintaining shelf organization in the storerooms
- Replenishing storeroom supplies
- Removing trash and dirty linens form room/suites.
- Sweeping and vacuuming floors.
- Reporting maintenance problems or completing work repair orders.
- Spot cleaning walls, carpets, light fixtures, etc.
- Vacuums, sweeps, scrubs, mop, and cleans carpet and flooring in guest rooms.
- Dusts, brushes, polishes, cleans and vacuums furniture, glass, mirrors, curtains, framed pictures, appliances and other structural fixtures and furnishings in guest rooms.
- Scrubs, disinfects and deodorizes showers, toilets, wash basins, and other bathroom and vanity fixtures.
- Strips beds, collects dirty linens, and makes beds with fresh linens.
- Replenishes linens, amenities and other supplies in guest rooms.
- Wash, dry and fold linens in laundry area.
- Reports items found in guest rooms to Lead Guest Room Attendant, and properly tags lost and found items and delivers them to the Housekeeping Office, for storage.
- Takes responsibility for a “Room Key” during assigned shift, turning it in at the end of the shift to the appropriate person.
- Will assist with Houseman duties and public areas as well as assist Sales and Food and Beverage departments with clean up/breakdowns after events.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred .
- Minimum of six months prior Housekeeping experience preferred.
Must possess effective communication and organizational skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence. Ability to write basic instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Starting Salary: $11.25 Per Hour
*This position is a combination of first and second shift.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer