General Maintenance Engineer - Hotel - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
General Maintenance Engineer - Hotel
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Feb 01, 2018
Mar 02, 2018
Type of Position:
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical systems (e.g. HVAC, plumbing) and other hotel equipment.
- Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program (see maintenance manual for system specifics).
- Works for customer satisfaction and comfort at all times
- Responsible for all general maintenance and repair of minor problems throughout the hotel as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure adherence to all OSHA regulations. Health board, codes, and internal safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on all equipment as assigned.
- Supports other Maintenance personnel as needed.
- Supports housekeeping in all functions and concerns
- Reviewing maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning mechanical systems and equipment.
- Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
- Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals. Once contractor is selected and employed, ensuring work is completed to specifications.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Servicing the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters.
- Completing maintenance logs.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting).
- Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or G.E.D. required. Minimum of two years experience in general maintenance and must be able to do basic electric, plumbing and painting.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization or in one on one situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and radiation. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor or mechanical rooms, the noise level may increase to loud.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools with water slides and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer